Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affinity FCU Hi5 Q2 2022 categories - GAS, Gardening, Supermarkets

tag
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: Affinity FCU Hi5 Q2 2022 categories - GAS, Gardening, Supermarkets

Thanks, couldn't find this later. The Gardening category is oddly specific. Wish we had a list of example vendors.

Message 11 of 132
Bradac56
Regular Contributor

LawStudentCivilis Established Contributor ‎03-23-2022 10:01 AM

Will Costco.com code as supermarket?  I know my instore purchases at Costco do, but I guess I will be the eventual DP for online purchases.  Would love to hear feedback if anyone has tried this.

~

I do not know of any card that codes Costco/Sams as supermarket, not even there own cards so I would doubt it.

Message 12 of 132
CreditCobra
Regular Contributor

@Bradac56 wrote:

I do not know of any card that codes Costco/Sams as supermarket, not even there own cards so I would doubt it.

The Venmo Visa codes Costco as Grocery. It's a year round 3% card there if grocery is your top spend category.

Current Cards:

Stats (updated: 4/21/2024):

Message 13 of 132
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@Bradac56  This card codes my Costco purchases as supermarket. I have not tried Sams.  I will report back if I make a Costco.com purchase.

Message 14 of 132
CreditCobra
Regular Contributor

Just found this...

164752811926b5d3f.png

Current Cards:

Message 15 of 132
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

@CreditCobra wrote:

Just found this...

164752811926b5d3f.png

Nice find!  Looks like this is located in the "Card Center" tab and then "Credit Card Rewards".

Who wants to be the guinea pig to find out what the "Home Gardening" category includes? Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 132
CreditCobra
Regular Contributor

I'm super excited about this if Costco codes as Supermarket. 7% on Gas and Supermarket, this just became my favorite card!

Current Cards:

Message 17 of 132
figgycash

I just opened a ticket to ask what the home gardening category entails. I'll let everyone know if I hear something back!

Message 18 of 132
unsungivy
Established Contributor

@CreditCobra wrote:

@Bradac56 wrote:

The Venmo Visa codes Costco as Grocery. It's a year round 3% card there if grocery is your top spend category.

Also worth noting that the BofA CCR includes wholesale clubs with grocery specifically, so if you have the Visa version of the card, and the Platinum Honors Rewards member level, it's 3.5% at Costco. If not, it's 2% base rate.

SD - Biz -
Message 19 of 132
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

I would like to add that a regular Walmart superstore codes as supermarket for this card too, at least for me.  I don't believe I have made a purchase at Target with this card, but it looks like we may have luck there. 

Message 20 of 132
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.