Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After all my hard work :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

After all my hard work :(

After completely cleaning up my credit and getting some new credit and an auto loan, I had some "potentially negative information" posted on my report today. I'm just a little over my cc limit. I this something that people look at when they pull credit? Is Cap1 good at removing neg info?

Please help!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: After all my hard work :(

Pay it as soon as humanly possible. Contact cap1 and tell them of your payment and stress it was an oversight. Hopefully they will not hit you with penalties and fees. It will probably be reported as your high balance to CRA (will be obvious on manual review that you went over but once you get CLI they will not be able to tell)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 13
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Just pay it down.  Your UTIL will recover quickly.  You don't want to ever have a card close to being maxed out.  I believe the only thing creditors will see by doing a manual review of a hard pull is your high balance, which in relation to your credit limit will show it being higher.  Try to get a CLI in the future and I think that would probably solve it.

Anyone think differently?

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 3 of 13
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

just don't max the card, and all should be good

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I always thought as well but this looked to be in a different section of my report all together. Never heard of this happening.
Message 5 of 13
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Pay it down.

Message 6 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
After completely cleaning up my credit and getting some new credit and an auto loan, I had some "potentially negative information" posted on my report today. I'm just a little over my cc limit. I this something that people look at when they pull credit? Is Cap1 good at removing neg info?

Please help!

It is only a "negative" issue if you are trying to buy sometime right now and really if we are talking about a $300 or $500 maxed out credit card and that's all you have... most are not going to even think twice about it... I mean how can you not max that out!!!

you pay on time and it reports next month new lower util if you pay it down or off. no biggie and you don't need to call Capital One, you don't need to worry about fees or increase in interest etc. unless you have "asked" to have Capital One accept charges that will take you over your limit, then they might charge you, but otherwise if it's just a few dollars and you didn't sign up for the over charging (Which I would NOT sign up for) no worries.

Message 7 of 13
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Pay it down and as soon as your report updates then your score will recover. The effects of maxing out a card do not stick around for long!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok good news folks. I just came into some sweet money so I'll be able to pay all of my cards down completely. And leave them there!
Message 9 of 13
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I have gone overlimit on my Crap1 card. As long as you haven't opted in for overlimit protection, they aren't allowed to charge you a fee. Crap1 won't care as long as you pay it off. If you are in credit steps, you will still get your auto CLI.

Some banks even like it, and will give larger CLI's later.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.