Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ahhh NFCU why ??

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Ahhh NFCU why ??

Out of the blue, I get a scorewatch alert, logged into it and saw 7/7 a hard inq from NFCU. I have not even applied for anything with them  in over 3 weeks. My last request with them was a CLI on my Ncash and all my bureaus were frozen. They did say they did a SP for that but still 3 weeks ago.

I only called to ask how could my APR be reduced on my car loan. I was specific and said 'what's your process?' I also said I don't want to apply for anything. Yet BAM a new INQ. I had to unlock my EQ since I will soon look for a home refi for 10 years but havent done so yet.

Sent them a message via secure mail. Just annoying !

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: Ahhh NFCU why ??

You know they hard pull just for dialing their number.  But seriously, they are insanely pull-happy, almost my entire inquiry file is NFCU.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 22
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

Out of the blue, I get a scorewatch alert, logged into it and saw 7/7 a hard inq from NFCU. I have not even applied for anything in over 3 weeks.

I only called to ask how could my APR be reduced on my car loan. I was specific and said 'what's your process?' I also said I don't want to apply for anything. Yet BAM a new INQ.

Sent them a message via secure mail. Just annoying !

I feel your pain!!! . Several months ago I had a similar case and I made them remove the inquiry from my CR however the supervisor had to go back and  listen the conversation I had with customer service lady when I was very clear I didn't want a HP, I'd call and request to remove the inquiry.

Message 3 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I have to agree with starry1. Just thinking about calling, logging into your acct or driving by a branch can result in a HP.
Message 4 of 22
CS800
Super Contributor

That come in at #2

#1 was USAA telling me that the CLI will be a SP. Puts me on hold and goes to check with underwriting. Underwriting confirms CLI will be soft pull. I proceed with CLI..The next day...scorewatch says USAA inq

Call and asked to escalate. Told supervisor that 2 agents double checked for me and said soft pull.

Supervisor: I'm sorry you were given the wrong information. We always HP for CLI. I'm very aggravated and did not take no as an answer on this one. Appaprently he will contact the depeartment to see how it can be removed.

Equifax says t have USAA fax them a letter stating they are removing the inq and they will do that in 1 week. I pass the info to the supervisor. He still says, 'I'm trying to figure out who to contact to get this removed'

Now NFCU. I'm nervous to even call them for a question.

Message 5 of 22
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

Call NavyFCU and asked to talk to a supervisor and request to hear the phone call and they will make the HP into a SP that's was happened in my case.

Message 6 of 22
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
I have to agree with starry1. Just thinking about calling, logging into your acct or driving by a branch can result in a HP.

Lol...

Message 7 of 22
dodfire
Valued Contributor

DODFIRE - Not responding to this thread out of fear of being HP'd by NFCU !

*8/10/13
Message 8 of 22
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Message 9 of 22
starry1
Valued Contributor

@dodfire wrote:

DODFIRE - Not responding to this thread out of fear of being HP'd by NFCU !

Too late, your presence has been noted.Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.