cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airline Card After Bankruptcy

tag
Techraider

Airline Card After Bankruptcy

Filed for bankruptcy 3 years ago and have had excellent credit history since then. Never late on payments and pay them off every month. Capital One  upgraded me to a Venture Card but am wanting to get a Southwest Airlines card or US Airways card to build miles up. My FICO is 679. What are my chances?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Airline Card After Bankruptcy

No idea.  Odds used to be 0 with Chase if one had a BK reporting but recently some have reported being approved with a relatively recent BK.

Message 2 of 15
Scupra
Super Contributor

@Techraider wrote:

Filed for bankruptcy 3 years ago and have had excellent credit history since then. Never late on payments and pay them off every month. Capital One  upgraded me to a Venture Card but am wanting to get a Southwest Airlines card or US Airways card to build miles up. My FICO is 679. What are my chances?

I would take a look at the Barclays Arrival or the Barclays US Airways card. Barclays is BK friendly if you have some good payment history after the BK. I think both cards have some good sign up bonuses as well.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 3 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

What current accounts do you have?

is this 679 a TU score?

Message 4 of 15
Techraider

Currently have Capital One Venture, Barclaycard Rewards and Mastercard Platinum. 679 is my FICO score. Is FICO the main one the company's use? The US Airways card is the one I really want. 

Message 5 of 15
Techraider

TU is 668. Experian is 665. EquiFax is 672. 

Message 6 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Techraider wrote:

Currently have Capital One Venture, Barclaycard Rewards and Mastercard Platinum. 679 is my FICO score. Is FICO the main one the company's use? The US Airways card is the one I really want. 

You have 2 Barclay Cards already?

you can't have more! Not sure about PC either

Message 7 of 15
Techraider

I have 2 capital one and one barclaycard. Does barclaycard ever upgrade to a miles card?
Message 8 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Techraider wrote:
I have 2 capital one and one barclaycard. Does barclaycard ever upgrade to a miles card?

I don't think they transfer into or out of partner cards... a few have been lucky to be able to I think but for the most part most have been told no.

Message 9 of 15
Techraider

Yeah I figured they wouldn't do that. I'm gonna get a few things fixed in my credit report before I apply. It is showing late payments and I haven't had any.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.