Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airline mileage card

tag
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

Airline mileage card

Which airline mileage rewards credit card is the easiest to get? Scores are current in the signature line.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Airline mileage card

To be honest, you are a little on the low side.  You maybe able to get AMEX Delta card but they typically want 670ish scores.  What kind of baddies are on your CR?

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
daneatreia
Regular Contributor

I have 2 paid charge offs and a paid judgement that are two years old. I have high utilization to near 50 percent
Message 3 of 7
Voodard
Contributor

You'll need to get your utilization rate to <30% and have a score near 700 to get the premium airline cards.  Your best bet may be the Southwest Airlines card, not the upper card, but the lower card.  I only say this because my mother in-law has a FICO score in the 660s and she was approved for it.  Good luck!

(If your charge offs included Chase, don't waste your time applying for SW Visa, they don't forget bad debt)

TU 743 as of 5/12
EQ 715 as of 10/13
EX Plus 780 as of 7/12

Cards in wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred ($25k) Chase Freedom (8k) NFCU Platinum ($24k) HHonors Reserve ($11k)
United MileagePlus Club ($17k)
Message 4 of 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

If possible get the Utilization under control then you will probably be in good shape.  I would then think about which airlines you fly the most and check www.whogavemecredit.com to see what the score ranges are for the cards for those airlines.  I fly Delta so the AMEX Delta made the most since for me.  30k bonus miles didnt hurt either Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
djrez4
Established Contributor

@Duncanrr wrote:

If possible get the Utilization under control then you will probably be in good shape.  I would then think about which airlines you fly the most and check www.whogavemecredit.com to see what the score ranges are for the cards for those airlines.  I fly Delta so the AMEX Delta made the most since for me.  30k bonus miles didnt hurt either Smiley Happy

I absolutely HATE that site.  It's stupidly difficult to find any useful data.  The creditpulls database on Creditboards is infinitely more useful.

(Sorry, Duncan.  Not yelling at you.)

Message 6 of 7
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@djrez4 wrote:

I absolutely HATE that site.  It's stupidly difficult to find any useful data.  The creditpulls database on Creditboards is infinitely more useful.

(Sorry, Duncan.  Not yelling at you.)

I know.  Without more knowledge of which airlines the person uses it was the best advice I could give.  There are so many travel cards out there (most are beyond the OP's current scores).

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.