Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airo Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Airo Card?

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Has anyone else seen the advertisements for this new “Airo” Card? I saw an ad for in on instagram just now. (I know what you’re thinking—No, the account isn’t for me and a thousand selfies lol. It’s an account for my dog.)

LOL!   Excited.png   (Love the disclaimer)

Message 11 of 17
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Yeah, I was thinking the same things as you all were lol. Another “pyramid scheme” card that is most likely doomed to same fate as Blispay. Crazy how all these cards are coming out of the woodwork with the main intention of appealing to people who maybe shouldn’t have credit cards.... 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I searched and searched and could not find the bank that’s backing this card. But they told me over and over that it’s a card “for millennials by millennials”. 

Kara Thrace...this has all happened before....it will all happen again.

Message 13 of 17
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I searched and searched and could not find the bank that’s backing this card. But they told me over and over that it’s a card “for millennials by millennials”. 

Kara Thrace...this has all happened before....it will all happen again.

....and blispay was the harbinger of death.........

Message 14 of 17
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@imaximous wrote:
I was reading about it a couple of weeks ago when the site had much more information. While I don't remember the exact details, it's a referral based program. Basically, they start you at a low 1% or 1.5% cash back (percentage may be off) and as you refer more people to get the card (and they get approved also), you can get up to 3% on everything. I can't quite remember the number of referrals needed within a time frame to get to the highest rewards tier. I think it was a yearly number of referrals. That's essentially the gist of it.
I became disinterested once I realized that you have to refer other people to get the highest percentage, which is only 3% anyway. It almost sounded like a pyramid scheme.

Don't tell me they're already changing their business model, even before they've hired anyone Smiley Happy

And yes that does sound like a pyramid scheme; I would never presume to refer someone to a credit card.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 15 of 17
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@imaximous wrote:
I was reading about it a couple of weeks ago when the site had much more information. While I don't remember the exact details, it's a referral based program. Basically, they start you at a low 1% or 1.5% cash back (percentage may be off) and as you refer more people to get the card (and they get approved also), you can get up to 3% on everything. I can't quite remember the number of referrals needed within a time frame to get to the highest rewards tier. I think it was a yearly number of referrals. That's essentially the gist of it.
I became disinterested once I realized that you have to refer other people to get the highest percentage, which is only 3% anyway. It almost sounded like a pyramid scheme.

Don't tell me they're already changing their business model, even before they've hired anyone Smiley Happy

And yes that does sound like a pyramid scheme; I would never presume to refer someone to a credit card.

Well, I actually f...ed up. I confused Airo with Zero and posted misinformation. My apologies for that, folks.

The card I'd read about is actually at this site zero.app

That's the one that requires referrals to earn a higher cashback %.

ETA: Link doesn't work. But if curious, go to zero dot app or search for zero card.

Message 16 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

Well, I actually f...ed up. I confused Airo with Zero and posted misinformation. My apologies for that, folks.

The card I'd read about is actually at this site zero.app

That's the one that requires referrals to earn a higher cashback %.

ETA: Link doesn't work. But if curious, go to zero dot app or search for zero card.

Zero card: "In order to level up through referrals, your friend must apply and get approved for a Zerocard, make 2 qualifying purchases and receive 2 qualifying direct deposits, no less than 30 days apart, to their Zero Checking account."

So it's not enough to get a friend to apply and get approved (and maybe make a purchase) they also need to use the account to receive direct deposits.  Becomes quite a threshold!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.