Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alaska Airlines credit card through Bank of America

tag
portlandmusician
Regular Contributor

Re: Alaska Airlines credit card through Bank of America

@FinStar Thanks!  I am still weighing each one heavily and seeing what I will go for.  

Thanks on the pull information.  That helps, and may sway my decision on which direction to go.

Is PenFed hard to get, or can you get an account right away (apply for a savings account or whatever), and then instantly app for the card?  Recommended against or... a general, "YMMV?"

Yes, opportunties elsewhere.  Thanks . I'm trying not  to be discouraged by Navy Federal, but they've been so good to me prior.  GRR.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Alaska Airlines card or the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect.  But, PenFed, if I can get in with membership and Premium Rewards all look good, too.  If I had my choice, Premium Rewards.  But, I don't want to try now with it being their toughest criteria and me having no relationship with them.  At least U.S. Bank I have a mortgage with (and, on my Go a month and a half ago, got instant approval, which I hear is rare -- somewhat leaning me towards the Connect).

Message 11 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@portlandmusician wrote:

@FinStar Thanks!  I am still weighing each one heavily and seeing what I will go for.  

Thanks on the pull information.  That helps, and may sway my decision on which direction to go.

Is PenFed hard to get, or can you get an account right away (apply for a savings account or whatever), and then instantly app for the card?  Recommended against or... a general, "YMMV?"

Yes, opportunties elsewhere.  Thanks . I'm trying not  to be discouraged by Navy Federal, but they've been so good to me prior.  GRR.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Alaska Airlines card or the U.S. Bank Altitude Connect.  But, PenFed, if I can get in with membership and Premium Rewards all look good, too.  If I had my choice, Premium Rewards.  But, I don't want to try now with it being their toughest criteria and me having no relationship with them.  At least U.S. Bank I have a mortgage with (and, on my Go a month and a half ago, got instant approval, which I hear is rare -- somewhat leaning me towards the Connect).

You definitely have some options for sure.

As far as PenFed goes, once you've established your membership, you can apply for any of their products. You can decide whether the Power Cash Rewards, Platinum Rewards or the Pathfinder Rewards fits your overall goals. So, review which card is the right fit.  They pull Equifax btw.

Keep us posted 🙂

Message 12 of 13
portlandmusician
Regular Contributor

@FinStar Thanks.  I'll definitely keep you posted.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.