Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alaska Mileage Credit Card

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Alaska Mileage Credit Card

I know this Alaska credit card is very popular.  It is good to earn the points with card and use the points with partners.

I'm not on the west coast and have never been on Alaska Airline.  So I'm just not quite sure about this card.  I already have the Chase UR syste and BA PR system.  We use Southwest for more than other airlines.

Just curious about this card.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Alaska Mileage Credit Card

Don't let the name fool you; while concentrated in the west, they're pretty much everywhere.  I'd have the card myself if it weren't for the closed-off broom closet that Logan airport has for Alaska/Virgin America.  I've also been tempted just for the partner transfers.  What are you doing, joining the myFICO BOA credit line arms race?  Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 18
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Don't let the name fool you; while concentrated in the west, they're pretty much everywhere.  I'd have the card myself if it weren't for the closed-off broom closet that Logan airport has for Alaska/Virgin America.  I've also been tempted just for the partner transfers.  What are you doing, joining the myFICO BOA credit line arms race?  Smiley Tongue

Not really, I hardly care about credit line.  Just something to learn.  It is going to be at least 6 months away before I hit another card.  Still like to be under Chase 5/24.....

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who cares about chase 5/24 when you cant even get the CSR when you've had the CSP in the last 12 months? I'm  over chase....

Alaska is a great card. Great airline, great redemptions.  And with the closing of Virgin's card by comenity, and 2018 to have alaska/virgin fully merged... might be worth a look.  Alaska is opening up stations everywhere.....

Message 4 of 18
jc2
Regular Contributor

Have it. love it. Nice partner rewards with American. good airline imo

Message 5 of 18
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Look like a keeper.  It also has both personal and business cards.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last summer I finally got the card so many of my friends have raved about.  

I didn't use the card much except to purchase tickets when I flew Alaska airlines (they do fly A lot of places)      But I didn't do my usual research into the benefits.

As a wonderful bonus Alaska comped me Gold status  (I had status matched to  Elevate Gold with Virgin during their offer )

Today, I finally decided to call Alaska to clarify a few things and was blown away on several fronts.

1.  In many many years of travel, the agent was probably the most patient, friendly and helpful I have ever run across.

2.   She explained to me that I could use the companion certificate I just received from the Credit Card for first class travel if I used one of my 4 Gold Guest certificates

3.  She gave me several helpful tips and patiently walked me through the steps on booking an upgradable fare and using my companion certificate

Bottom line-  2 RT FC tickets from SAN to ANC which would have cost around $2700 ended up costing $960  (and even less because I had a credit voucher )

VERY impressed with this airline and Credit Card !

Message 7 of 18
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Last summer I finally got the card so many of my friends have raved about.  

I didn't use the card much except to purchase tickets when I flew Alaska airlines (they do fly A lot of places)      But I didn't do my usual research into the benefits.

As a wonderful bonus Alaska comped me Gold status  (I had status matched to  Elevate Gold with Virgin during their offer )

Today, I finally decided to call Alaska to clarify a few things and was blown away on several fronts.

1.  In many many years of travel, the agent was probably the most patient, friendly and helpful I have ever run across.

2.   She explained to me that I could use the companion certificate I just received from the Credit Card for first class travel if I used one of my 4 Gold Guest certificates

3.  She gave me several helpful tips and patiently walked me through the steps on booking an upgradable fare and using my companion certificate

Bottom line-  2 RT FC tickets from SAN to ANC which would have cost around $2700 ended up costing $960  (and even less because I had a credit voucher )

VERY impressed with this airline and Credit Card !

Good to know.  Great!

Message 8 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I always get offers for that card but that measly signup bonus usually convinces me to not apply for it , maybe one day if they offer 50k singup lol. I do kind of want to get a bank of america card still don't have one

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

I always get offers for that card but that measly signup bonus usually convinces me to not apply for it , maybe one day if they offer 50k singup lol. I do kind of want to get a bank of america card still don't have one

You also get a companion pass with no black out dates which could be potentially worth hundreds of dollars.  And a 100 dollar statement credit.  All for 1000 dollars of spend.  I don't need anymore airfare so I am not getting this anytime soon.

I had never heard of Alaskan Airline before reading myFico but all this talk has made me investigate further (they seemed under priced( and I ended up buying some of their stock yesterday.   So I will either have this site to thank or to blame.  

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.