cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Chase cards closed again thanks to BMW dealership and my stupidity.

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: All Chase cards closed again thanks to BMW dealership and my stupidity.

Sorry to hear it. Chase can close your account for any reason.

Ron.

Message 51 of 57
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Any issuer can close your accounts for any non-prohibited reason.  Some are quicker at it than others.  And some try to make you forfeit earned rewards.

Message 52 of 57
enharu
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Any issuer can close your accounts for any non-prohibited reason.  Some are quicker at it than others.  And some try to make you forfeit earned rewards.

Yea. I guess they are letting me keep the rewards since this isn't due to a rewards abuse issue.

@dilettante wrote:

When AF time comes, ask your CPC banker if they're willing to consider a AF reimbursement or parial AF reimbursement.  I told mine that I was thinking of closing the Palladium and they offered to cover half the cost.  Told me that some CPC bankers are willing to do that to keep the relationship mutually beneficial.

I didn't get the bag either.  Went to the store to buy something as well and was told that it was too popular and ran out quickly.  Was told of people who even re-routed their flights just to get the free bag and was turned away.  Felt so awkward and cheap asking about it in the first place that I vowed never to do that again.  

Been using my SPG and Prestige a lot more than I thought I would, too.  

I closed my CSP but if I close the Palladium, I'll have to re-apply to have a transfer card but maybe wait 2 years since you reminded me that you could be eligible for sign up bonus if you waitSmiley Happy

*edited to change wording from waiver to reimbursement (cause CPC bankers can't waive the Palladium fees but they can reimburse!)

Ah I see thanks for the headsup. I will ask in March, if my account gets reopened and doesn't get closed again (and again....).

I just found out recently about being eligible for the sign-up bonus again after 2 years. Earlier this year the T&C stated that anyone who had gotten the sign-up bonus before will not qualify for it again. Guess they backtracked and relaxed it a little.

You can also apply for the Ink plus for a transfer card. There's a 70k promo going on right now. If I weren't in this stupid situation with Chase I would have applied Smiley Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 53 of 57
dilettante
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Yea. I guess they are letting me keep the rewards since this isn't due to a rewards abuse issue.

@dilettante wrote:

When AF time comes, ask your CPC banker if they're willing to consider a AF reimbursement or parial AF reimbursement.  I told mine that I was thinking of closing the Palladium and they offered to cover half the cost.  Told me that some CPC bankers are willing to do that to keep the relationship mutually beneficial.

I didn't get the bag either.  Went to the store to buy something as well and was told that it was too popular and ran out quickly.  Was told of people who even re-routed their flights just to get the free bag and was turned away.  Felt so awkward and cheap asking about it in the first place that I vowed never to do that again.  

I closed my CSP but if I close the Palladium, I'll have to re-apply to have a transfer card but maybe wait 2 years since you reminded me that you could be eligible for sign up bonus if you waitSmiley Happy

*edited to change wording from waiver to reimbursement (cause CPC bankers can't waive the Palladium fees but they can reimburse!)

Ah I see thanks for the headsup. I will ask in March, if my account gets reopened and doesn't get closed again (and again....).

I just found out recently about being eligible for the sign-up bonus again after 2 years. Earlier this year the T&C stated that anyone who had gotten the sign-up bonus before will not qualify for it again. Guess they backtracked and relaxed it a little.

You can also apply for the Ink plus for a transfer card. There's a 70k promo going on right now. If I weren't in this stupid situation with Chase I would have applied Smiley Happy

So tempting, what a great bonus but alas, I don't have a business and too chicken to try for a business card though my banker tried to convince me and offered to help even without a real business.  Maybe next year I'll try after I start selling all my shoes and purses on ebay!

Message 54 of 57
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@dilettante wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

@dilettante wrote:

So tempting, what a great bonus but alas, I don't have a business and too chicken to try for a business card though my banker tried to convince me and offered to help even without a real business.  Maybe next year I'll try after I start selling all my shoes and purses on ebay!

I'd be willing to bet a CPC banker can put in a pretty good word for you Smiley Tongue 

Message 55 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@enharu wrote:

So I've managed to not apply for any cards for a while now (been over 6 months)...

Been extremely busy as well so I've not checked this forums and also any sign up promos too.

And I've gotten into a mess again lately.

The new M4 came out, and I decided to lease it since a dealership in Socal gave me a really good price. 

I kinda need a (excuse for a) second car since my Lexus IS was eventually classified as totalled and my lease was paid off by insurance earlier this year.

I went for it, and requested the dealership pull Experian ONLY.

The manager agreed, but I eventually ended up with 1 inquiry on each bureau by the dealership. Was a little unhappy, but not a big deal since it's not out of the ordinary.

Eventually, BMW did their own inquiry, but they pulled EX only, which is good.

I was approved for the lease, and took posession of the vehicle. Lease account showed up earlier than I expected on my CR, but everything was fine.

Now for the stupid part.

Apparently when I was signing the lease documents, the dealership had signed me up for some BMW credit card as well.

I didn't even know about it until BMW pulled an additional inquiry at a later date, under BMW Bank (address: PO BOX 9210, OLD BETHPAGE NY 11804. tel: (801) 461-6528) and reported the new account about a week after my lease account reported.

Chase, Amex and several other lenders all did soft inquiries during each of these inquiries and new accounts reporting.

It was on the next business day after my BMW credit card started reporting that all of my Chase cards are closed again.

I called BMW, and they said dealers sometimes "combo" this in to help customers "maximize rewards and take full advantage of their BMW experience". Needless to say, I was pissed. I called the dealership, and they said its normal practice. Well, when I got my auto loans at another BMW dealerships, this never happened, so I honestly didn't expect this.i

So right now, I've been talking to Chase, and they wouldn't reopen the accounts immediately. I explained it's pretty much done without my permission. They said once BMW removes the inquiry and account, they can then review my accounts again for reopening. No promises it will be opened though.

On the sorta "bright" side, BMW financial services is removing the new account and 1 of the inquiries, but it will take 4-8 weeks for it to show up on my CR.

Sorry for the rant. I'm feeling pretty stupid right now for not reading through the entire lease documentation thoroughly.

That's messed up!............i think i love Mercedes-Benz Smiley Happy

Message 56 of 57
subwaysandwich
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!

Message 57 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.