tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: All three 50k Southwest cards are back. Companion pass

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

All honesty SWA is probably the best bang for the buck on domestic flights.. Ya it sucks no assigned seating but usually the staff is very nice and have some humor..  I don't like the fact people take advantage of the system on pre-boarding, other then they are good.  Yes you do get what you pay for w/regards to air-fare.. If you want a good priced domestic tickets with no lay overs for most parts of the US fly Southwest... If you want to spend more or have miles to burn on other airlines, I would fly Delta or United.. Haven't flown Virgin America, so can't comment on that, but AA I would avoid as well

BA Avios is better bang for buck domestically......IF you can find available seats!

I have to figure out this whole Avios thing.  Do you look up flights on BA and us one of their partner airlines?

On BA, It then turns the pts over to Partner.

Thanks.  May have to look into transferring my points to them then.

Message 71 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

All honesty SWA is probably the best bang for the buck on domestic flights.. Ya it sucks no assigned seating but usually the staff is very nice and have some humor..  I don't like the fact people take advantage of the system on pre-boarding, other then they are good.  Yes you do get what you pay for w/regards to air-fare.. If you want a good priced domestic tickets with no lay overs for most parts of the US fly Southwest... If you want to spend more or have miles to burn on other airlines, I would fly Delta or United.. Haven't flown Virgin America, so can't comment on that, but AA I would avoid as well

BA Avios is better bang for buck domestically......IF you can find available seats!

I have to figure out this whole Avios thing.  Do you look up flights on BA and us one of their partner airlines?

On BA, It then turns the pts over to Partner.

Thanks.  May have to look into transferring my points to them then.

I transfered most of my MR to Avios yesterday. They're in my account now.

Message 72 of 92
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Gotta love cattle car airlines.....

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 73 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

Gotta love cattle car airlines.....

Mooooooo

image.jpg

Message 74 of 92
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

If its not cross country that is true and if you obviously take advantage of the 40% mr transfer bonus. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 75 of 92
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

BA or quantas are good places to start looking for partner availability, sometimes not everything shows up on BA site. 

Message 76 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

If its not cross country that is true and if you obviously take advantage of the 40% mr transfer bonus. 

What about to the Caribbean.  Is it worthwhile for that?

Message 77 of 92
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I think it is especially since its only 15k to bermuda, other parts of carribbean i think are between 20-25k depending on how far it is obviously. I would have to run the numbers how much flight would cost with cash to deem the value. 

Message 78 of 92
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

I think it is especially since its only 15k to bermuda, other parts of carribbean i think are between 20-25k depending on how far it is obviously. I would have to run the numbers how much flight would cost with cash to deem the value. 

Thanks for the info.  Looking to head there mid year

Message 79 of 92
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

BA or quantas are good places to start looking for partner availability, sometimes not everything shows up on BA site. 

I just transferred about 27000 MR points to BA for the 40% bonus a week or so ago since roundtrip from miami to NY is like 12.5k points - Only first class available for the times I'm going to i used my airline gift cards and bought tickets. 

Not gonna waste points on first class for a 3 hour flight. 

Message 80 of 92
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.