Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU BT checks

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Alliant CU BT checks

Just received BT checks in the mail from Alliant, this is the first time receiving this from them

0% for 12 months 2% BT fee.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Alliant CU BT checks

Nice! Congratulations on your BT check offer.

Message 2 of 14
creditfan
Established Contributor

hate to see CUs charge fee for BT, they're not banks

and checking needs minimun to waive the fee, don't act like a bank please *penfed*

those will be off my book sooner or later

Message 3 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Jnbmom wrote:

Just received BT checks in the mail from Alliant, this is the first time receiving this from them

0% for 12 months 2% BT fee.

2% fee! Yuck!

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 14
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I got the same offer in the mail today.  Like you this is the first time I've ever received such an offer from them. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion wrote:

I got the same offer in the mail today.  Like you this is the first time I've ever received such an offer from them. 

DH has an account with them too but so far nothing from them .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 14
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

2% for a year is not too bad. I have the Alliant Visa Rewards, which was opened in 01/2020, but I have not gotten any of these checks. Hopefully, they will decide to send me some next year because I am in need of a BT offer, but I don't want any new cards (especiallt the BT focused ones with no rewards).

Message 7 of 14
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Balance transfer checks. I to received offer in mail and using the offer to transfer high interests Cc. Hey, 2% transfer fee is not to Shabby!!

Message 8 of 14
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Fee isn't great, but better than the banks. Congrats, better than nothing.

Hopefully DCU will have their holiday BT offer.

Message 9 of 14
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Why is everybody bemoaning the 2% fee?  Seems to me that 3% fee is the industry standard, so 2% looks pretty good.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.