Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU CC

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

Alliant CU CC

just got approved for a $1K limit Visa with them.  Just an FYI, people said that Alliant will use the same report pulled for membership if the cc application is within 30 days.  this is incorrect.  when i spoke to one of their reps from the Loan Dept., he said that people were being told the wrong info.  they actually do different pulls for membership app and cc app even if it's within the same day.  the reason why is because membership uses a different scoring system than they do.

but in any case, im just glad that i got approved with them.  now i just gotta find out if it's their platinum card or the rewards card.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant CU CC

I believe the limit has to be at $2500 or greater for the Rewards Card. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 19
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

I believe the limit has to be at $2500 or greater for the Rewards Card. 

hi thanks for that info.  yeah i double checked it on their website, and the minimum for their rewards visa card is $2K.  i guess i can just wait until i get a CLI that reaches that minimum and see about getting a PC into the rewards card in the future.

Message 3 of 19
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@TravelingNomad wrote:

hi thanks for that info.  yeah i double checked it on their website, and the minimum for their rewards visa card is $2K.  i guess i can just wait until i get a CLI that reaches that minimum and see about getting a PC into the rewards card in the future.

Once you get over that threshold, you will be able to do a PC to the reward card.  I inquired about it, but 2 things prevented me from moving forward: 

1) They would open a new card, meaning a new, more recent opened TL.

2) APR is 2% higher. 

I think I'll get a rewards card eventually, but I'd rather have the lower APR of this one for now. 

Message 4 of 19
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

visorboy1974 wroteSmiley Surprisednce you get over that threshold, you will be able to do a PC to the reward card.  I inquired about it, but 2 things prevented me from moving forward: 

1) They would open a new card, meaning a new, more recent opened TL.

2) APR is 2% higher. 

I think I'll get a rewards card eventually, but I'd rather have the lower APR of this one for now. 

thanks for those info visor!...didn't know it was gonna be like that.  meh, it's ok.  i already have a few rewards credit cards.  at least now i have a visa (cc's mostly MCs) from a very reputable CU. 

Message 5 of 19
castlefox
Regular Contributor

Yea I they wouldnt use the same memeber ship pull for my CC application as well back in December.

I was also hope'ing that they could covert my non rewards card to their rewards card   Smiley Mad   oh well.    Gotta pick out the right CC for me next then. 

TravellingNomad >  What APR did they give you on the 1,000 CL ?

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 6 of 19
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@castlefox wrote:

Yea I they wouldnt use the same memeber ship pull for my CC application as well back in December.

I was also hope'ing that they could covert my non rewards card to their rewards card   Smiley Mad   oh well.    Gotta pick out the right CC for me next then. 

TravellingNomad >  What APR did they give you on the 1,000 CL ?

you know what...i actually didn't ask.  got excited that they gave me a cc that i wanted to get off the phone before they reverse the decision Smiley Very Happy unfortunately, it's too late in the day to call them.  i'll contact them tomorrow and let you know.

Message 7 of 19
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

ok the loan department rep that took care of my application called me back and told me that the rate was 15.24.  will just have to establish relationship with them and hopefully a CLI and an interest decrease in the future.  but one thing's for sure...they will be my main bank now.

Message 8 of 19
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

ok the loan department rep that took care of my application called me back and told me that the rate was 15.24.  will just have to establish relationship with them and hopefully a CLI and an interest decrease in the future.  but one thing's for sure...they will be my main bank now.

That's actually not too bad of a starter rate.  I started out at 21.24% and got dropped to 10.24% after 6 months.  Just use the card some and call back after 6 months and you should be golden for a CLI, rate decrease and a product change. 

Message 9 of 19
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:
That's actually not too bad of a starter rate.  I started out at 21.24% and got dropped to 10.24% after 6 months.  Just use the card some and call back after 6 months and you should be golden for a CLI, rate decrease and a product change. 

yeah i was surprised when the loan rep told me the rate.  i got myself ready to hear above 20.  yeah i plan on using the card as my 2nd primary.  but not sure if i'll do a product change when the time comes if it requires a whole new account to be opened.  i plan on gardening now for the next 2 years.  how are they with cli's?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.