Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU CC

tag
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant CU CC

@TravellingNomad wrote:
yeah i was surprised when the loan rep told me the rate.  i got myself ready to hear above 20.  yeah i plan on using the card as my 2nd primary.  but not sure if i'll do a product change when the time comes if it requires a whole new account to be opened.  i plan on gardening now for the next 2 years.  how are they with cli's?

I guess you have to look at a product change like this: Is 6 months age going to make THAT much of a difference in the long run?  And are the rewards worth it? 

They can be very generous for CLIs.   I went from $500 to a 5 digit credit line in that 6 months time.   

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 11 of 19
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

yeah you do have a point regarding the product change.  did you call them for your cli or was it automatic?

Message 12 of 19
CreditusMaximus
New Contributor

Does Alliant still offer some people credit products (with no pull) when they sign up for an account?
Message 13 of 19
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

yeah you do have a point regarding the product change.  did you call them for your cli or was it automatic?

You need to call..  Hard pull on EQ. 

Message 14 of 19
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

I have been a member for a couple of years now and I just spoke to an Alliant CSR who said that they will pull a hard anytime you ask for any credit product, including a CLI.  Smiley Mad

Anyone have a different experience?

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 19
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Itsmeagain wrote:

I have been a member for a couple of years now and I just spoke to an Alliant CSR who said that they will pull a hard anytime you ask for any credit product, including a CLI.  Smiley Mad

Anyone have a different experience?

Nope...that's par for the course.  Unless you want two different credit products within 30 days.  Then they'll use the old pull. 

Message 16 of 19
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@TravellingNomad wrote:

i have no problem in getting a HP done but it sure would be disappointing if the CLI was not worth the pull.

did you use the card heavily to get such a generous cli?

Message 17 of 19
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@TravellingNomad wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@TravellingNomad wrote:

i have no problem in getting a HP done but it sure would be disappointing if the CLI was not worth the pull.

did you use the card heavily to get such a generous cli?

Used it mainly as my gas card.  Couple hundred dollars a month. 

Message 18 of 19
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

Used it mainly as my gas card.  Couple hundred dollars a month. 

ok cool.  i plan to use my card mainly for charging $100-$200 a month for groceries on it and paying in full each month.  hopefully it'll be enough of a history for a future CLI.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.