cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU CC

Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant CU CC


@TravellingNomad wrote:
yeah i was surprised when the loan rep told me the rate.  i got myself ready to hear above 20.  yeah i plan on using the card as my 2nd primary.  but not sure if i'll do a product change when the time comes if it requires a whole new account to be opened.  i plan on gardening now for the next 2 years.  how are they with cli's?

I guess you have to look at a product change like this: Is 6 months age going to make THAT much of a difference in the long run?  And are the rewards worth it? 

 

They can be very generous for CLIs.   I went from $500 to a 5 digit credit line in that 6 months time.   

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 11 of 19
Established Contributor

Re: Alliant CU CC

yeah you do have a point regarding the product change.  did you call them for your cli or was it automatic?

Message 12 of 19
New Contributor

Re: Alliant CU CC

Does Alliant still offer some people credit products (with no pull) when they sign up for an account?
Message 13 of 19
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant CU CC


@TravellingNomad wrote:

yeah you do have a point regarding the product change.  did you call them for your cli or was it automatic?


You need to call..  Hard pull on EQ. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 14 of 19
Established Contributor

Re: Alliant CU CC

I have been a member for a couple of years now and I just spoke to an Alliant CSR who said that they will pull a hard anytime you ask for any credit product, including a CLI.  Smiley Mad

 

Anyone have a different experience?


Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 19
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant CU CC


@Itsmeagain wrote:

I have been a member for a couple of years now and I just spoke to an Alliant CSR who said that they will pull a hard anytime you ask for any credit product, including a CLI.  Smiley Mad

 

Anyone have a different experience?


Nope...that's par for the course.  Unless you want two different credit products within 30 days.  Then they'll use the old pull. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 16 of 19
Established Contributor

Re: Alliant CU CC


@visorboy1974 wrote:

@TravellingNomad wrote:

yeah you do have a point regarding the product change.  did you call them for your cli or was it automatic?


You need to call..  Hard pull on EQ. 


i have no problem in getting a HP done but it sure would be disappointing if the CLI was not worth the pull.

 

did you use the card heavily to get such a generous cli?

Message 17 of 19
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant CU CC

 


@TravellingNomad wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@TravellingNomad wrote:

yeah you do have a point regarding the product change.  did you call them for your cli or was it automatic?


You need to call..  Hard pull on EQ. 


i have no problem in getting a HP done but it sure would be disappointing if the CLI was not worth the pull.

 

did you use the card heavily to get such a generous cli?


Used it mainly as my gas card.  Couple hundred dollars a month. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 18 of 19
Established Contributor

Re: Alliant CU CC


@visorboy1974 wrote:

 

 

Used it mainly as my gas card.  Couple hundred dollars a month. 



ok cool.  i plan to use my card mainly for charging $100-$200 a month for groceries on it and paying in full each month.  hopefully it'll be enough of a history for a future CLI.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.