cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU Platinum Rewards Visa Possible to PC to 2.5% CB Visa Version ?

tag
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Alliant CU Platinum Rewards Visa Possible to PC to 2.5% CB Visa Version ?

I was approved for the Platinum Rewards version of this card around a year and half ago. SL was $15k. And I can vaguely remember the representative saying something along the lines of, after a year with this card you can upgrade to the 2.5% Cashback version. Haven’t seen any dp’s confirming this and wanted to see if anyone could chime in on this? Also haven’t seen an option for a credit line increase on their webpage, do you have to call in to request one? Will it be hp or soft? 

Thanks in advance.

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Alliant CU Platinum Rewards Visa Possible to PC to 2.5% CB Visa Version ?

IME, this was an option in the past so you may want to contact them to see if your account is eligible for the upgrade. If eligible, the account number will change and you'll be issued a new card.

As far as a CLI, on the website, click on Apply for a loan (right hand navigation).
Then, under the section "What are you applying for?", select Credit Card.

Select your card, then on the next page in the drop-down menu, select Credit Limit Increase and follow the prompts. Please note, this will be a HP.
Message 2 of 5
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Good info as always Finstar 😀 I will call them about the upgrade. Would be nice to upgrade to a more useful card abliet an AF included. 

As for the CLI it’s it an auto decision online or does this go to underwriting for manual review?

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Anytime @credit_endurance.

Typically, a variety of CLI requests go to pending status. There may be instances where there may be an instant decision, but IME manual review is usually the case.

Let us know how yours turns out if you decide to pull the trigger.
Message 4 of 5
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant CU Platinum Rewards Visa Possible to PC to 2.5% CB Visa Version ?as

@Finstar Just came across Saeren’s thread “Alliant told me to go to the garden” and I think I will pass up on the cli request. Lol! With all my new accounts and credit seeking lately it would most certainly yield a denial on a manual review 😂😂

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.