Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU still good??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant CU still good??

Read some old reviews on this CU. Anyone know if there requirements changed and are they still only pulling from EQUAFAX? Any fresh news would be helpful. Thanks
17 REPLIES 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Alliant CU still good??

They are conservative overall and don't like alot of credit.. They do still pull Equifax as well..  Whether being good or not is a realitive term.  I don't think any of their offerings are that special to be honest other than their new 3% card for first year then I believe 2.5% thereafter, but it comes with an AF and the spend has to be > 10k(can't remember the exact figure) to come out ahead of a normal 2% card.  Although Min credit line for that card is 10k, so your credit also has to be good enough to qualify for that card.  Other cards are just meh as well IMO.  Others might think differently

Message 2 of 18
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Read some old reviews on this CU. Anyone know if there requirements changed and are they still only pulling from EQUAFAX? Any fresh news would be helpful. Thanks

A lot of people have been reporting TU pulls for the new 3% CB card. I know they did a SP on EQ when I joined.

They seem like they're INQ sensitive, new account sensitive, "too much available credit" sensitive... here are some threads:
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Alliant-cash-back-visa-denial/m-p/4909910/

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Alliant-Credit-Card-Application/m-p/4825948/highlight/true#M148016

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Alliant-Trickery/m-p/4701160/highlight/true#M133003

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Alliant-Credit-Union-2-5-Cash-Back-Visa/m-p/4915374/highlight/true#M1435632?q=Alliant

Also, Alliant is discussed quite a bit here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Official-Credit-Unions-Guide/m-p/4768788

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know the minimum redemption for their non-annual fee Platinum rewards card? I read on doctor of credit that they changed the card to 2 points per dollar. I'm interested in getting it now that it's basically 2% cash back.
Message 4 of 18
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know the minimum redemption for their non-annual fee Platinum rewards card? I read on doctor of credit that they changed the card to 2 points per dollar. I'm interested in getting it now that it's basically 2% cash back.

I cannot be 100% certain, but it looks to me like $20 is minimum redemption for deposit to checking, savings, or statement credit.

Deposit to checking or savings can take 4-7 business days via ACH. Whereas statement credit can take up to 45 days to appear on your statement.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Message 6 of 18
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Yes, the minimum redemption is $20. Confirmed by Alliant.Their email was sent to my spam folder so I didn't notice it until now.

Actually, their rewards redemption people are located only 10 miles away from my apartment in Minneapolis.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 18
happypill
Valued Contributor

Alliant is a pretty good CU.  They did just change their regular Platinum Rewards card to 2% with no AF, which puts it on par with the better general spend cards.  They are conservative and definitely do not like inquiries or recent accounts (last 6 months especially).  One interesting thing I recall is that you name the credit limit you would like when applying.  They also offer 1% on their savings account which for a long time was really outstanding, and is still pretty good.

Message 8 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@happypill wrote:

Alliant is a pretty good CU.  They did just change their regular Platinum Rewards card to 2% with no AF, which puts it on par with the better general spend cards.  They are conservative and definitely do not like inquiries or recent accounts (last 6 months especially).  One interesting thing I recall is that you name the credit limit you would like when applying.  They also offer 1% on their savings account which for a long time was really outstanding, and is still pretty good.

they are pretty conservative and I think you may have to send in proof of income if i recall. Also there savings is 1.05% I think it matches ally , also they have interest checkig accoung which is .65% . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied and they pulled Transunion. The info was reviewed by a loan officer quickly and I received an offer pending proof of identity and income.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.