Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant CU - wow! One-pull wonders

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant CU - wow! One-pull wonders

Don't know why more good stuff isn't being said about this group...but I joined Alliant CU (they have lots of affilation qualifications, seems easy - for me it was being a member of the local PTA)..

I filled out the app, and with ONE pull to EQ (FICO score 743) , they offered me all at once:

Membership (duh!)
Free Checking (really free, no catches or minimum things for me to do)
Savings Account with 3.93% interest (NOT A CD rate, but just the standard savings!!)
Credit Card with a limit of $7,500
Offer for a car loan up to $30,000

One pull.... all those things... I'm REALLY REALLY impressed.  Frankly, especially with the savings account rate... and it's not just for high balances.. anything over $100 gets 3.93 %.

Anyone else use them?  I don't know what their minimum qualifications are... ?? I'm sure lots of us would *want* to know!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant CU - wow! One-pull wonders

The list of eligible organizations can also be found here:

Note the PTA thing... you don't have to be a parent (or a teacher) to join that!

Does anyone here have Alliant?

Message 2 of 21
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I'm not but I hear they are pretty good. Among the top 10 CU's in the country I understand.
Message 3 of 21
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

They're really popular among the Edit crowd.

Many good things said over there.

Jax

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-16-2008 05:34 PM
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sovi! Smiley Happy

I went to the site and these guys look really good.
They're the 8th largest credit union in the country
with about $5 Billion in assets. Nice rates, too. Smiley Happy

Question: You have a really strong EQ of 743, but did they give
you any indication of what qualifying FICO they're looking for?
This info would come in really handy for all the forum members. Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing! Smiley Happy

CanDo

"The right attitude is everthing"
Message 5 of 21
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

If you go to CreditPulls over at Edit (it's their version of whogavemecredit.com) , people were getting approved with low 600's and bk's at times.

WGMC didn't have much, three entries and all old.

They gave out some pretty good CL for high 600 to low 700. 5K TO 25K with most down in the 5k to 10k area. For mid to low 600's it was 1k to 10k depending on different situations.

All EQ pulls.

Jax

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jax! Smiley Happy

You da Man! Smiley Very Happy

CanDo

"The right attitude is everything"
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaxstraw wrote:
If you go to CreditPulls over at Edit (it's their version of whogavemecredit.com) , people were getting approved with low 600's and bk's at times.

WGMC didn't have much, three entries and all old.

They gave out some pretty good CL for high 600 to low 700. 5K TO 25K with most down in the 5k to 10k area. For mid to low 600's it was 1k to 10k depending on different situations.

All EQ pulls.

Jax

Super Jax -- That's exactly what I figured most of us here neeeded.  From what you're saying, it sounds like they're reasonable, not too 'stiff' -- and I can certainly vouch for their products (so far).  I've called CS once and they answered almost immediately and were very nice and professional.  They're even offering a $100 Visa gift card if I refinance my car loan with them (no need to get a new car).  Loan rates seem competitive and the savings rate is phenomenal.  LOVE that it's not only if you have 10k plus.

Now I wonder if there's anyone here that has had them for awhile?  May have to check out the other forum you mentioned.

Thanks for your research!

Message 8 of 21
oracles
Valued Contributor

I know this is an old thread, however i am thinking of joining. Do you know if they ask for proof that you belong to a PTA. I do belong but have not gone to any meetings in awhile so i did not want to go and get a letter from them. thanks
Message 9 of 21
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@oracles wrote:
I know this is an old thread, however i am thinking of joining. Do you know if they ask for proof that you belong to a PTA. I do belong but have not gone to any meetings in awhile so i did not want to go and get a letter from them. thanks

I have heard that they take pictures of every meeting. Can you prove you were present comrade? Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.