cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Cashback Visa Signature (3% Year One with no AF, 2.5% thereafter with $59 AF)

tag
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant Cashback Visa Signature (3% Year One with no AF, 2.5% thereafter with $59 AF)

Hmm, I think I'd be interested.  It would take about $12k non-category spend per year for this card to beat a 2% cash back card.  I could get past that threshold by paying for my property tax with it.  I think they charge a 2.3% fee to use a CC to pay for property tax where I live, so it wouldn't make sense to use a 2% card, but with a 2.5% card it makes perfect sense, then the rest of year year would be all gravy at 2.5%.

I hope I get an invite.

Message 11 of 50
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Alliant Cashback Visa Signature (3% Year One with no AF, 2.5% thereafter with $59 AF)

@Anonymous wrote:
Define: Super Low?

LOL!!!

Message 12 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

That doesn't sound too low.

Low is more like 7 or under.
Message 13 of 50
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Any cardholders are eligible to upgrade to this card.

requirements are :

Low overal util
min score 680
min CL on current card, or able to get a cli up to is $10k

if you have these requirements already, and this card suits your needs, then you can call into lending and ask to be upgraded. Is it not a new acct. The acct number will change, but will still keep the same open date, since its an upgrade. Good luck to anyone wanting to try!Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got one, laur?
Message 15 of 50
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
You got one, laur?

not yet..lol

Ive only had my Plat for 4 months, $500 cl, and on recon.....But end of year...yea, Ill have the upgrade. LOL Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 50
yfan
Valued Contributor

This seems to be the new way of earning loyalty: 2.5% in a walled garden (whether walled by membership like in USAA, AF, or both). It's an interesting tactic that may well prove more effective in longer term swipe fee generation than the current standard of offering a lump sum bonus.

Message 17 of 50
happypill
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
Any cardholders are eligible to upgrade to this card.

requirements are :

Low overal util
min score 680
min CL on current card, or able to get a cli up to is $10k

if you have these requirements already, and this card suits your needs, then you can call into lending and ask to be upgraded. Is it not a new acct. The acct number will change, but will still keep the same open date, since its an upgrade. Good luck to anyone wanting to try!Smiley Happy

Great info, thanks!

Message 18 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I upgrade now to get the 3%, can I then after a year downgrade back to the 1% card to avoid the annual fee?

Chris.

Message 19 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

A very good alternative to those of us that do not qualify for USAA and their Limitless card. 

Message 20 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.