cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Cashback Visa Signature (3% Year One with no AF, 2.5% thereafter with $59 AF)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant Cashback Visa Signature (3% Year One with no AF, 2.5% thereafter with $59 AF)

@Involver wrote:

Current cardholders may be invited to upgrade their accounts to this card:

http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/bank/visa-signature-card#features

Decisions don't get much easier.

Thanks for the heads up Involver.Smiley Happy

Message 41 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant Cashback Visa Signature (3% Year One with no AF, 2.5% thereafter with $59 AF)

@pizza1 wrote:
Any cardholders are eligible to upgrade to this card.

requirements are :

Low overal util
min score 680
min CL on current card, or able to get a cli up to is $10k

if you have these requirements already, and this card suits your needs, then you can call into lending and ask to be upgraded. Is it not a new acct. The acct number will change, but will still keep the same open date, since its an upgrade. Good luck to anyone wanting to try!Smiley Happy

Thanks for the information pizza.

Message 42 of 50
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Just curious for anyone that has applied and was approved. What FICO score is Alliant using? I thought I read somewhere where they use Vantage or some other strange scoring model? Also, looks like this card is only getting TU pulls, when normally I thought Alliant was an Equifax puller?

Appreciate any insight.

Message 43 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dbw79 wrote:

Just curious for anyone that has applied and was approved. What FICO score is Alliant using? I thought I read somewhere where they use Vantage or some other strange scoring model? Also, looks like this card is only getting TU pulls, when normally I thought Alliant was an Equifax puller?

Appreciate any insight.

Alliant uses a rather unusual Pinnacle scoring system, whcih for many of us is 50-70 points lower than our regular FICO score. Your mileage may vary.

The score that Alliant provides in our online accounts is the Vantage score, but this is not the score they use for decisioning.

Alliant has always pulled EQ for both my initial card application as well as CLI's, so once again your mileage may vary. Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it helps, myfico members who also have PenFed memberships have stated that the PenFed NextGen score is the same number as the Pinnacle score.
Message 45 of 50
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info. That is not what I wanted to hear, as my nexgen score is like 60 points lower. THat would make approval for Alliant's new card a lot more challenging if they require a min 680 score. So you think the 680 is their Pinnacle score, and not a 680 FICO?

Message 46 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

They really look at the whole profile, not just numbers. But they can be pretty conservative, even by their own admission.
Message 47 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd definitely suggest to call them directly if you have specific questions. Smiley Happy
Message 48 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

how many folks actually got approved for this card without a product change without waiting till april? doesnt it have a min CL of 10k?

Message 49 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Datapoint:  I had the Alliant Platinum Rewards (1%) card and as of yesterday had not received an email about upgrade, but I called the number yesterday and asked and was given the upgrade.  Straight conversion, no credit inquiry (unless I had wanted a CLI from $10k to $20k which I declined).  Was also told I would get a new card with a new number, but that within 24 hours, charges put on my current card will earn the 3%.

Chris.

Message 50 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.