Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Checking.....worth it?

tag
augustus80
Established Member

Re: Alliant Checking.....worth it?

Hello, just wanted to give this post an update.  I called Alliant and verified that there would be NO additional inquiry for opening the checking account.  They told me that as long as it is within 30 days of opening my Savings Account with them, there would be no additional inquiry. 

So, I opened my Savings Account on April 20th.  Went online and app'ed through my Alliant Account last night (18th), for the checking account.  Thought everything was good to go with no inquiry and bammmm.......  I get an email from MyFico with a NEW inquiry from Alliant.  

Now, after calling 3 times and telling 3 different CSR's at Alliant what was going on, the third rep came back to me and said Alliant WILL be REMOVING the inquiry off my report!  I was very happy and will be moving all my $$$  to Alliant.  Now, I did have to call a few times to get this done, but sometimes that's what it takes.  The first two CSR said I was outside my 30 day period and weren't all that helpful.  Actually, I should say they weren't all that knowledgeable.  

Hope this helps!!! ;-)

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.