Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Credit Union TIPS - APP & FICO Survey Results

tag
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Re: Alliant Credit Union - FICO Survey Results

Oh I just read Utah's post sounds like that is very similiar to my situation, except I just payed off 3 cards and payed the other 3 below half. I should be under 30% in the next couple of months, then I may apply. Hopefully I'll be at 700 then.

Message 81 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked over the posts in this thread.  Just looking at the scores (and temporarily ignoring the other V.I.Factors): 

Scores for those accepted for card ranged from 681 to the 800's

Scores for those who did not receive card were 653 and lower

The most helpful post for understanding the score part of the equation is post #3 Creditaddict's conversation with Alliant, who recommended they wait until their scores went up 40-50 points to about 670-680.  Hope that helps you look at the score end of things.

Message 82 of 279
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

yes that helped a lot thanks
Message 83 of 279
GLIGUY23
Regular Contributor

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Alliant is a member of the CU Service Center.

This means that you can go to any  Credit Union with the "swirl" Logo and do a transaction as if you were physically at that branch. This comes in handy for those that aren't in the area. 

http://66.29.199.1/www/images/Shared_branching_logo.jpg

cuservicecenter.com

Message Edited by GLIGUY23 on 04-07-2009 12:22 PM
EQ:702 TU:662 EX: 701 - 11/06/19
EQ: 678 TU: 712 EX: 730 - 8/2/2013
EQ: 677 TU: 683 - 04/07/12
EQ: 560 TU: 591 EX: 581 - 12/29/08
Message 84 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was posted earlier in the postings but wanted to update on my deal with the LO 

1. what your EQ FICO score at time of app 662 / 

2. what was your AAoA and age of oldest account AAoA 2yr & 9yr Oldest Account / 

3. what was your highest CL at time of app Highest Store Card: Lowes $6050 & Highest Major: Hooters MC $1200

4. any EQ derogs at time of app Lowes has 2 30 day with the soonest being 3yrs 9months ago, One Paid Collection $440 over 5yrs old and one Charge-off $700 over 5 yrs old

5. what instant offers you received online None 3-5 day contact by mail

6. what instant Credit Limit & APR didyou get None

My Chexsystem report should have a Bad checking ($800) from 5yrs ago that was opened for brother. I called yesterday and was told that my account was opened and I would receive Signature Card in mail then I could talke to Loan Officer......I am hoping I can re-finance my suv with them atleast.....

UPDATE!!!

Let me start with my EQ score droped from 662 at time of App to 642 when talking with the LO today do to 2 new accounts and Utli insrease. I am Self-Employed and called to get a Refinance since I had been paying 16% APR. I was given an instant Approval on the Refinance, plus the Value of my SUV was 12,000 and 10 day Pay-Off was $15,023. The LO said he thought he could work out the full refinance even though I was up side down on it by $3000. I got a call 3 hours later saying my Check would be here Via FedX in the morning and I got a 7.6 APR droping my payment from $465 to $310.. He said for me to call him back in 3 months being a new member and the new loan will give him a Payment history then he can give me a very good Visa card through them alowing me to close my High Fee ones... He did not even need income Verfi.

AWESOME CREDIT UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message Edited by CyndibemyLOVE on 04-07-2009 12:45 PM
Message 85 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

Major Congrats!  And thanks for the info! Smiley Happy
Message 86 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

I added the TIPS & INFO for Alliant (from other thread) to the OP of this thread to make it easier for people to both obtain information and post results.
Message 87 of 279
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Alliant is by far the best CU's i have heard of...even though i was not offered anything, waiting til scores are atleast in the 600s, then i will apply for personal loan to replace HSBC! Gah...if only equifax would hurry and update!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 88 of 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

They definitely appear to be more than fair and willing to work with you.  While some are dissapointed by not being offered instant preapprovals online, many have after that fact gone on to speak with a LO and obtained loans with additional info and income verification.

They are not necessarily quick-easy credit, but they are quality credit and quality financial relationship.

I have nothing but good things to say about them. Smiley Happy

Message 89 of 279
augustus80
Established Member

I have my P.O. Box listed on my credit reports as my current address.  Will this cause problems with the online-application since it says I can't put a P.O. Box?  With all other banks / credit cards issuers, I put my physical address and it goes through with no problem.  What is your take on this?  Maybe select "add mailing address" under physical address?
Message 90 of 279
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.