Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant FCU Preapproved CC Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant FCU Preapproved CC Offer

I got an email today saying I'm pre-approved for a credit card with $150 SUB. Question, for those who have gotten a similar  offer: were you required to submit POI?

I've seen many regular approvals where that was the case. I'm self employed and don't share tax returns, other than with Uncle Sam (and then begrudginglySmiley Wink)

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Alliant FCU Preapproved CC Offer

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an email today saying I'm pre-approved for a credit card with $150 SUB. Question, for those who have gotten a similar  offer: were you required to submit POI?

I've seen many regular approvals where that was the case. I'm self employed and don't share tax returns, other than with Uncle Sam (and then begrudginglySmiley Wink)

I have one of their credit cards and was never asked for a POI. I have the platinum rewards card 20K limit .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 34
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

I have a very high credit score and it was like pulling teeth to get it approved, almost no debit at all. A friend has a lot lower credit score had he had the same issue with them and I thought it was his lower credit score and I found out that it's just the way they are. They wanted proof of address and nothing was good for them I'm lucky I have cable bill in my name as I live with my parents. 

FICO TU: 791

Message 3 of 34
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got that same offer today as well.. Hmmmm you gonna pull the trigger?  I'm pondering on it myself... 

Message 4 of 34
601flyguy
Established Contributor

I have the same offer and an auto loan offer but I'm self employed. I want to pull the trigger but not much info on starting limits, poi, cli, etc.

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have one of their credit cards and was never asked for a POI. I have the platinum rewards card 20K limit .

Are you self-employed as well, mom?

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WowCool wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got that same offer today as well.. Hmmmm you gonna pull the trigger?  I'm pondering on it myself... 

I pulled the trigger (TU HP) -- they want SS card, DL, Utility bill, & two years of tax returns. Ugh. 

Message 7 of 34
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

I pulled the trigger myself

got the preapproval email, $150 Sub w/ 1500 spend in 90 days

and 12 mo 0% (don't need)

Applied HP on TU 

Went to Documents in Application and it is requesting last 2 paystubs... uploaded.... called and they said by monday i will know.   Hope with asking for POI and with the preapproval it goes thru.   Been a member since 2014... use the checking/savings... only leave about $600 in there.  Been getting auto loan preapprovals... but the $150 sub caught my attention... and i have had a good experience with alliant... 

Anyone know if you can link an alliant card as overdraft protection?   Hoping it is approved w/ a high limit.... and if not that it grows to a nice limit....

FYI in the docs it shows my truth in lending... my score is 691 on TU

Message 8 of 34
wwalter2718
Established Member

I got the email, too, but wasn't going to apply.  I've heard they're kinda picky, and I currently have rather impressive (or depressing) balances on various cards (all currently at 0%).

On impulse, I unfroze TU and gave it a try.  Apparently auto-approved for 10.24% (the lowest rate -- not so great for a credit union-issued bare-bones platinum card).  Limit of $10k.  So far, no request for add'l info, but there was some wording about rescinding the offer if I failed to provide requested info, so may be something still in the offing.

There's a 2% BT fee, so I probably won't use it for that.  I've been spoiled the last couple of years by Navy Fed's no-fee offers, BofA's Americard (before it went away for COVID), and a local CU that suddenly decided to get into the BT game with a no-fee offer (now they're at the standard 3%, but at least it's for 15 months.)

If it stays open (not gonna provide tax info, though I'm OK with paystubs), I'll just go for the $150 and hope they offer something more attractive BT-wise in the future.  Or maybe use it  if I end up really *needing* a BT urgently.  Have to read the fine print on how long the BT offer is good.

Message 9 of 34
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@wwalter2718 wrote:

I got the email, too, but wasn't going to apply.  I've heard they're kinda picky, and I currently have rather impressive (or depressing) balances on various cards (all currently at 0%).

On impulse, I unfroze TU and gave it a try.  Apparently auto-approved for 10.24% (the lowest rate -- not so great for a credit union-issued bare-bones platinum card).  Limit of $10k.  So far, no request for add'l info, but there was some wording about rescinding the offer if I failed to provide requested info, so may be something still in the offing.

There's a 2% BT fee, so I probably won't use it for that.  I've been spoiled the last couple of years by Navy Fed's no-fee offers, BofA's Americard (before it went away for COVID), and a local CU that suddenly decided to get into the BT game with a no-fee offer (now they're at the standard 3%, but at least it's for 15 months.)

If it stays open (not gonna provide tax info, though I'm OK with paystubs), I'll just go for the $150 and hope they offer something more attractive BT-wise in the future.  Or maybe use it  if I end up really *needing* a BT urgently.  Have to read the fine print on how long the BT offer is good.

Congratulations on your approval!

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.