Alliant FCU Preapproved CC Offer

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Alliant FCU Preapproved CC Offer

@Anonymous wrote:

@WowCool wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an email today saying I'm pre-approved for a credit card with $150 SUB. Question, for those who have gotten a similar  offer: were you required to submit POI?

I've seen many regular approvals where that was the case. I'm self employed and don't share tax returns, other than with Uncle Sam (and then begrudginglySmiley Wink)

I got that same offer today as well.. Hmmmm you gonna pull the trigger?  I'm pondering on it myself... 

I pulled the trigger (TU HP) -- they want SS card, DL, Utility bill, & two years of tax returns. Ugh. 

Good luck on your application! May the odds be ever in your favor.

Message 11 of 34
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:

I pulled the trigger myself

got the preapproval email, $150 Sub w/ 1500 spend in 90 days

and 12 mo 0% (don't need)

Applied HP on TU 

Went to Documents in Application and it is requesting last 2 paystubs... uploaded.... called and they said by monday i will know.   Hope with asking for POI and with the preapproval it goes thru.   Been a member since 2014... use the checking/savings... only leave about $600 in there.  Been getting auto loan preapprovals... but the $150 sub caught my attention... and i have had a good experience with alliant... 

Anyone know if you can link an alliant card as overdraft protection?   Hoping it is approved w/ a high limit.... and if not that it grows to a nice limit....

FYI in the docs it shows my truth in lending... my score is 691 on TU

Good luck on your application! May the odds be ever in your favor.

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an email too but if I was going to get a card with Alliant, it would be the Platinum Rewards so I have a backup 2% card in case something happens to my AOD card. The no rewards Platinum is a rather lackluster card. 

Mine did not seem to be a preapproval, it was just an invite to apply, but I'm pretty sure my profile would be attractive to them now. 

Message 13 of 34
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@WowCool wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an email today saying I'm pre-approved for a credit card with $150 SUB. Question, for those who have gotten a similar  offer: were you required to submit POI?

I've seen many regular approvals where that was the case. I'm self employed and don't share tax returns, other than with Uncle Sam (and then begrudginglySmiley Wink)

I got that same offer today as well.. Hmmmm you gonna pull the trigger?  I'm pondering on it myself... 

I pulled the trigger (TU HP) -- they want SS card, DL, Utility bill, & two years of tax returns. Ugh. 

Dang they want everything huh,  I think i'll ponder on it a little longer (9th Oct deadline).. Hopefully see ya over in the approvals soon!!! 

Message 14 of 34
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:

I pulled the trigger myself

got the preapproval email, $150 Sub w/ 1500 spend in 90 days

and 12 mo 0% (don't need)

Applied HP on TU 

Went to Documents in Application and it is requesting last 2 paystubs... uploaded.... called and they said by monday i will know.   Hope with asking for POI and with the preapproval it goes thru.   Been a member since 2014... use the checking/savings... only leave about $600 in there.  Been getting auto loan preapprovals... but the $150 sub caught my attention... and i have had a good experience with alliant... 

Anyone know if you can link an alliant card as overdraft protection?   Hoping it is approved w/ a high limit.... and if not that it grows to a nice limit....

FYI in the docs it shows my truth in lending... my score is 691 on TU

Good luck on your approval!!  Appreciate the data points!!

Message 15 of 34
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

@wwalter2718 wrote:

I got the email, too, but wasn't going to apply.  I've heard they're kinda picky, and I currently have rather impressive (or depressing) balances on various cards (all currently at 0%).

On impulse, I unfroze TU and gave it a try.  Apparently auto-approved for 10.24% (the lowest rate -- not so great for a credit union-issued bare-bones platinum card).  Limit of $10k.  So far, no request for add'l info, but there was some wording about rescinding the offer if I failed to provide requested info, so may be something still in the offing.

There's a 2% BT fee, so I probably won't use it for that.  I've been spoiled the last couple of years by Navy Fed's no-fee offers, BofA's Americard (before it went away for COVID), and a local CU that suddenly decided to get into the BT game with a no-fee offer (now they're at the standard 3%, but at least it's for 15 months.)

If it stays open (not gonna provide tax info, though I'm OK with paystubs), I'll just go for the $150 and hope they offer something more attractive BT-wise in the future.  Or maybe use it  if I end up really *needing* a BT urgently.  Have to read the fine print on how long the BT offer is good.

Nice!!  Congrats on that auto approval.  Yea that card has fees for everything, but 2% bts arent to bad right?  Penfed (Promise) & NFCU has me spoiled  for sure. That $150 is sweet! Congrats again!!

Message 16 of 34
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

I got this targeted email today too. Expires in 7 days but I'll pass.

Message 17 of 34
MacCreed
Valued Member

Good luck!  It's a good CU. 

Message 18 of 34
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@wwalter2718 wrote:

I got the email, too, but wasn't going to apply.  I've heard they're kinda picky, and I currently have rather impressive (or depressing) balances on various cards (all currently at 0%).

On impulse, I unfroze TU and gave it a try.  Apparently auto-approved for 10.24% (the lowest rate -- not so great for a credit union-issued bare-bones platinum card).  Limit of $10k.  So far, no request for add'l info, but there was some wording about rescinding the offer if I failed to provide requested info, so may be something still in the offing.

There's a 2% BT fee, so I probably won't use it for that.  I've been spoiled the last couple of years by Navy Fed's no-fee offers, BofA's Americard (before it went away for COVID), and a local CU that suddenly decided to get into the BT game with a no-fee offer (now they're at the standard 3%, but at least it's for 15 months.)

If it stays open (not gonna provide tax info, though I'm OK with paystubs), I'll just go for the $150 and hope they offer something more attractive BT-wise in the future.  Or maybe use it  if I end up really *needing* a BT urgently.  Have to read the fine print on how long the BT offer is good.

Congratulations on your Approval..

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... I pulled the trigger (TU HP) -- they want SS card, DL, Utility bill, & two years of tax returns. Ugh. 

Update -- I wrote to complain and advise no tax returns would be forthcoming. In essence -- thanks for wasting our time.

Today I got an email to check the status of my application. Log in to see: Approved for $10,000. Hmm ... that's weird. So I filled out a couple of pages of questions & at the end saw the same list of documents they had earlier requested. I also saw the disclaimer @wwalter2718 referenced upthread.

So more than likely I'm not approved & they got me again to waste some time. Boo! I'll update again if the news is good.

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.