Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant FCU Preapproved CC Offer

tag
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant FCU Preapproved CC Offer

anyone know if alliant allows PC down the road?

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyDataMyChoice wrote:
anyone know if alliant allows PC down the road?

Yes they do. You have to pay the card in full first. 

Message 22 of 34
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@WowCool wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an email today saying I'm pre-approved for a credit card with $150 SUB. Question, for those who have gotten a similar  offer: were you required to submit POI?

I've seen many regular approvals where that was the case. I'm self employed and don't share tax returns, other than with Uncle Sam (and then begrudginglySmiley Wink)

I got that same offer today as well.. Hmmmm you gonna pull the trigger?  I'm pondering on it myself... 

I pulled the trigger (TU HP) -- they want SS card, DL, Utility bill, & two years of tax returns. Ugh. 

Welcome to Alliant!!! You will need to send then again and again. My FICO is 796 and had this mess. They wanted my state taxes as well I told them I don't do state income taxes as I'm in FL and that went back and forth in the end they took my pay stubs.

Message 23 of 34
wwalter2718
Established Member

Hi MyData,

I was asked for the same documents, but for some reason, I can't find any way to upload anywhere!  How is this done?

In the application, there's a "Manage Documents" button, and clicking that, I can see a list of everything I've uploaded so far (i.e, nothing at all), but I don't see any sort of "Upload new document" button...

TiA

Message 24 of 34
wwalter2718
Established Member

Thanks, AllZero!

Message 25 of 34
wwalter2718
Established Member

Thanks, WowCool!  Yup, the 2%/12months is the best offer I have at the moment.  Next best is 3%/15months.  I'm waiting to see if NavyFederal has their traditional early new year fee-free offer next year...  

Message 26 of 34
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

... I pulled the trigger (TU HP) -- they want SS card, DL, Utility bill, & two years of tax returns. Ugh. 

Update -- I wrote to complain and advise no tax returns would be forthcoming. In essence -- thanks for wasting our time.

Today I got an email to check the status of my application. Log in to see: Approved for $10,000. Hmm ... that's weird. So I filled out a couple of pages of questions & at the end saw the same list of documents they had earlier requested. I also saw the disclaimer @wwalter2718 referenced upthread.

So more than likely I'm not approved & they got me again to waste some time. Boo! I'll update again if the news is good.

Curious about the complaint piece, if you would, on what basis given that it's likely part of the UW process, self employed or otherwise.

A variety of folks may not feel as comfortable or forthcoming to provide such documentation, but if things have tightened up as far as UW, they pretty much can call the shots, right?

Back in the day when I applied with them, it was hit or miss on which profiles warranted a POI review.  I suppose it's no different than say AOD or other CUs who may now require it as part of their UW process.

Hopefully the outcome might be fruitful, otherwise there's plenty others you can choose from if you feel POI hinders your efforts.

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

... I pulled the trigger (TU HP) -- they want SS card, DL, Utility bill, & two years of tax returns. Ugh. 

Update -- I wrote to complain and advise no tax returns would be forthcoming. In essence -- thanks for wasting our time.

Today I got an email to check the status of my application. Log in to see: Approved for $10,000. Hmm ... that's weird. So I filled out a couple of pages of questions & at the end saw the same list of documents they had earlier requested. I also saw the disclaimer @wwalter2718 referenced upthread.

So more than likely I'm not approved & they got me again to waste some time. Boo! I'll update again if the news is good.

Curious about the complaint piece, if you would, on what basis given that it's likely part of the UW process, self employed or otherwise.

A variety of folks may not feel as comfortable or forthcoming to provide such documentation, but if things have tightened up as far as UW, they pretty much can call the shots, right?

Back in the day when I applied with them, it was hit or miss on which profiles warranted a POI review.  I suppose it's no different than say AOD or other CUs who may now require it as part of their UW process.

Hopefully the outcome might be fruitful, otherwise there's plenty others you can choose from if you feel POI hinders your efforts.

My complaint was modest -- in essence, Why market to me as "pre-approved," resulting in both of us wasting time and me a HP, when clearly I am not? And all this for just a credit card, of which you retain authority on amount of risk.

That's it. No big speech & certainly no plea. I don't do Facebook and I don't share my tax info, among other things. I'm leery of many facets of the Information Age. Probably more so than is necessary. 

After they realized tax info wasn't coming, they pulled my application. So ends this story. 

Message 28 of 34
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Ended up being declined
Recent BK / thin file

Message 29 of 34
wwalter2718
Established Member

Thanks for the update, James.  Sorry it didn't work out for you.

They didn't ask me for tax records, so I didn't have to shut them down 8-).

Provided paystubs, utility bill, SS card, and DL.  They also asked for some sort of employment verification letter.

I had a heck of a time uploading these items, since no "upload a document" button ever appeared on the page, despite trying 5 different browsers on 2 computers.  Eventually, they got a "fixer" involved to shepherd the process through and pass documents from/to me and the actual loan officer (or whatever her title).

After all the back & forth, they appear to have forgotten about the verification letter, which is good b/c I'm not sure how I'd get such a thing.  The fact that the company I claim to work for sends me paychecks should suffice 8).  I'd love to get the checks without having to work for them, but I  don't think that situation arises very often.

The card appeared online with the expected CL today, 15 days later. 

Of course, I guess it could still be shut down, or perhaps the card won't work until I sideload my "letter" to the fixer...  We shall see.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.