Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant FCU Preapproved CC Offer

tag
wwalter2718
Established Member

Re: Alliant FCU Preapproved CC Offer

Wowcool, 

I too am interested in the possibility of using the card for overdraft protection.

When the card showed up online today, I tried an internal transfer from card to checking.  This works at another credit union i belong to and which will use the card for overdrafts, but it did not work at Alliant.  The card simply didn't show as a source.

This is not a dispositive DP,  though.  Some possibilities: 

Might have to request that link to be made (pretty sure I did @ my other CU, but it was a decade ago)

Might have to receive & activate card first (seems likely)

Even though card shows, it may actually not be fully finalized behind the scenes

Others I can't think of...

In this case (barring responses by anyone who knows), we're reduced to asking a CSR.

Message 31 of 34
cr101
Established Contributor

Tax returns? Well, that's the dealbreaker for me. That's TMI for a possible low SL. I got a preapproval last month and thought of this thread when I noticed some new verbiage in the small print of the preapproval that they sent tonight.

" A preapproval is not an offer for guaranteed credit. Your credit profile appears to qualify you for this loan program. Information in your credit report was used in connection with this offer. You received this offer because you satisfied criteria for creditworthiness under which you were selected. You may not receive this offer, if after you apply, you do no longer meet the criteria used to select you, or any applicable criteria bearing on your creditworthiness."

Message 32 of 34
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

I have a credit card with them and it was like pulling teeth trying to get it approved I have very good credit (791 TU FICO) and good income and was very surprised with it and friend of mine also got a loan with them and it was the same thing but his credit was not as good but each person may have a different experience

Message 33 of 34
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

Tax returns? Well, that's the dealbreaker for me. That's TMI for a possible low SL. I got a preapproval last month and thought of this thread when I noticed some new verbiage in the small print of the preapproval that they sent tonight.

" A preapproval is not an offer for guaranteed credit. Your credit profile appears to qualify you for this loan program. Information in your credit report was used in connection with this offer. You received this offer because you satisfied criteria for creditworthiness under which you were selected. You may not receive this offer, if after you apply, you do no longer meet the criteria used to select you, or any applicable criteria bearing on your creditworthiness."

If you're self-employed it's not unusual for a CU to request tax returns as the means of validating income.  Nothing wrong with refusing to apply based upon their requiring you provide it, many people refuse to allow access to the info strictly on philosophical grounds.

As for the verbiage that isn't unusual either, in plain English "if your profile has substantively changed since we made the soft pull used to extend this offer a denial is possible"

There is no doubt that Alliant has gone more conservative.  Probably in part due to the pandemic and in part due to the turnover in leadership - the old CEO retired early this year which led to other changes in the ELT.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.