Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant FYI **UPDATE**

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant FYI

We may not want to hang up if a guy answersSmiley Wink. We just gotta make sure that guy is Nick. I saw in another thread Nick says one pull will do.

Nick for Prezident

Message Edited by johnnybear on 07-20-2009 08:33 AM
Message 11 of 38
Camilion
Regular Contributor

well.....all my dealings were with Nick and I got  2 Pulls....one for opening the account and one for the visa...sooo maybe it's based on how they feel that day((shrug))
Ride the wind for it will carry you...
Follow the stars for they will guide you..
Believe in your dreams..
For they are your hearts desires...
Message 12 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received two pulls as well, with a promise to remove the inquiry associated with my membership and pre-approvals.

Still waiting to see if that will happen.

Message 13 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received two pulls as well, with a promise to remove the inquiry associated with my membership and pre-approvals.

Without regard to what anybody might say this can be done and you should hold them to it.

Message 14 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

FYI - I've had several CCCs promise to remove inquiries.  Never happens.  My suggestion (which worked for me) is have whoever promised the removal to e-mail you their request for removal.  After receipt, you print the e-mail and send to CRA.  

Message Edited by illtakecreditforthat on 07-20-2009 12:04 PM
Message 15 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just speaking for myself here, but technically, I did not give Alliant permission to pull twice. I did not realize the credit card ap was doing another pull. I was under the impression at that time, that the ap would be based on my original inquiry. So, I plan to dispute the second one on my report and see can I get one off. It is fair to have one, but not fair to have two, especially when I did not realize it. And I am sure it was technically in the small print somewhere, so it really is my own fault for not reading more, but I honestly thought it was based on the first pull.
Message 16 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Just speaking for myself here, but technically, I did not give Alliant permission to pull twice. I did not realize the credit card ap was doing another pull. I was under the impression at that time, that the ap would be based on my original inquiry. So, I plan to dispute the second one on my report and see can I get one off. It is fair to have one, but not fair to have two, especially when I did not realize it. And I am sure it was technically in the small print somewhere, so it really is my own fault for not reading more, but I honestly thought it was based on the first pull.

I tried to have duplicate inquiry removed by EQ.  Their response was that they are merely reporting a creditor's inquiry into your report, and only that creditor can remove it.

I had the inquiry removed by getting an e-mail from the credit card company requesting removal, printing it, and sending it to Eq.  DO NOT RELY ON ALLIANT TO REMOVE THE INQUIRY.  IT WON'T HAPPEN.

Message 17 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You will find trying to remove an inquiry by dispute to fall somewhere between unreliable and unfruitful. Legally INQ are required to be reported so that you will have some way of knowing who is poking into your credit files. Without reported INQ's anybody could be nosing in there any time and you would have no way of knowing, You would not want that. It was only after INQ's became part of your credit record that FICO (and possibly other scoring models) decided to incorporate their use into their models. You need to work with Alliant to get it removed. Tread gently.
Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 07-20-2009 11:53 PM
Message 18 of 38
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Without regard to what anybody might say this can be done and you should hold them to it.

+1
[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE!!!

I decided to go for the CC today. I found the nerve to say to the 1st person that answered the phone,"hi,I'm calling to apply for the plat rewards card,and per my conversation with a rep the other day(didn't want to name drop unless necessary,may get someone in trouble),my initial credit report from when I applied for membership would suffice". If you have to pull another bureau,I don't want to apply.

He said yes sir,that is correct.........Smiley Very Happy. As long as it has not been 30 days since you opened your membership I can use the previous report. If you hold just a moment. After what seemed like 2 hours,but actually was more like 3 mins,he said............ I can approve you for a $5000 rewards card right now if you like. I LIKE!!!  In case you are wondering,it was NOT Nick(LOL)

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.