Did you mean: 

Alliant FYI **UPDATE**

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Alliant FYI

@Anonymous wrote:

UPDATE!!!

I decided to go for the CC today. I found the nerve to say to the 1st person that answered the phone,"hi,I'm calling to apply for the plat rewards card,and per my conversation with a rep the other day(didn't want to name drop unless necessary,may get someone in trouble),my initial credit report from when I applied for membership would suffice". If you have to pull another bureau,I don't want to apply.

He said yes sir,that is correct.........Smiley Very Happy. As long as it has not been 30 days since you opened your membership I can use the previous report. If you hold just a moment. After what seemed like 2 hours,but actually was more like 3 mins,he said............ I can approve you for a $5000 rewards card right now if you like. I LIKE!!!  In case you are wondering,it was NOT Nick(LOL)

Are you being required to supply any supporting documentation?
Message 21 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a thing!!  Logged onto skybranch and it's already showing.
Message 22 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Not a thing!!  Logged onto skybranch and it's already showing.

Thank you. That is good to know.
Message 23 of 38
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

If I were you I would check my cr very carefully, I was told the same thing then asked to hold while he submits it to the underwriter, after about 5 mins he came back and said I was approved for a 5k unsecured loan I asked what my score was and he said somewhere between 640-660 I found that strange because when I did my original app for the savings account 1 week earlier it was 680 I inquired about this and he stated it had something to do with the way they score. I pulled my cr today and quess what another inq on the same day he put me on hold. I am pissed and I will be disputing the second inq because we had that conversation seconds before he pulled another report without my permission. I have to say this leaves a bad taste in my mouth about Alliant.
Message 24 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@favor4me2 wrote:
If I were you I would check my cr very carefully, I was told the same thing then asked to hold while he submits it to the underwriter, after about 5 mins he came back and said I was approved for a 5k unsecured loan I asked what my score was and he said somewhere between 640-660 I found that strange because when I did my original app for the savings account 1 week earlier it was 680 I inquired about this and he stated it had something to do with the way they score. I pulled my cr today and quess what another inq on the same day he put me on hold. I am pissed and I will be disputing the second inq because we had that conversation seconds before he pulled another report without my permission. I have to say this leaves a bad taste in my mouth about Alliant.

Dispute is not the proper way to remove an INQ. Read back a few posts for further information.

Message 25 of 38
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

When I say dispute, I'm refering to disputing it with Alliant to have it removed. I did this with Walmart and they removed the 2nd inq, however it resulted in a fraud alert on my cr.
Message 26 of 38
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@favor4me2 wrote:
When I say dispute, I'm refering to disputing it with Alliant to have it removed. I did this with Walmart and they removed the 2nd inq, however it resulted in a fraud alert on my cr.

How did that happen? That's not right either. They should not be using that as a methodology for removing an INQ.

Message 27 of 38
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

I have no idea I hadn't done it before so I thought it was standard practice, from that point on when I applied for anything I had to wait for them to verify more information, no immediate approvals. I received a letter from all 3 cra stating that Walmart removed the inq stating that I did not open the account it was opened fraudulently. That alert stayed on for six months.
Message 28 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Favor,

I was so excited,I had not looked at a recent cr. Checked this morning,only activity from Alliant was original inq dated 07/05/09. I guess I dodged that bullet. By all the posts I was reading here and elsewhere I was getting antsy.

I don't know if they record conversations or not,but I did state IF A 2nd INQ WOULD BE RUN I DO NOT WANT TO APPLY

Message 29 of 38
favor4me2
Regular Contributor

Johnnybear, that is good news but keep checking for a while mine showed up a couple of days later. I did speak with the LO today and informed him that I was not pleased with his dishonesty and I was very dissapointed that Alliant would allow such practices. He stated that he did it by accident because when he submitted my app for the loan he forgot to click on the drop box that asked him if he wanted to use an existing report or run a new one. I don't know if I entirely believe him because he said I shouldn't worryabout it because it would only drop my score by 1 point. I told him the point was that he wad dishonest and I want the inq removed. He informed me that it couldn't be done. I told him it could then he informed me that he didn't know how. I told him that when I originally put in the app my score was 680 and I want the loan based off of that score and asked him the difference in the percentage rate. He said it would drop from 14.99% to 13.6% and cost me about $5 less a month I told him to pull that report and base it off of that or I don't want the loan. He said he would try to find it and get back with me. Sorry for the long post but I felt consumer need to be aware. If anyone knows how he can get that inq removed please let me know I told him I would research it and get back to him. So here's researching.

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.