Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant - Invited to apply for Visa with code

tag
tussking
Established Contributor

Alliant - Invited to apply for Visa with code

I’ve been a member with Alliant for 2+ years and have never got an offer or a email. Is this legit or just marketing?
Discharged BK7 - 7.16.15
Current Fico8 - (8.2022) EX - 744/EQ - 728/TU - 740
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant - Invited to apply for Visa with code

Its legit.  I've been an Alliant member since 10/17 when I opened a Share Secured Loan.  I've since closed the SSL in favor of an auto loan and I keep about $500 in my Savings Account but I've never applied for a credit card.  Yesterday  an offer to apply for a Visa Platinum card popped up in my email; it has an offer code which must be used by December 6, 2019.

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 3.43.48 AM.png

Message 2 of 9
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Nice! I have the Signature card and have been very happy with it and with them.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same. I see no "pre-approved" or "pre-qualified" language so I'm viewing mine no differently than any other "invitation to apply" -- as pure marketing. 

Message 4 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@tussking wrote:
I’ve been a member with Alliant for 2+ years and have never got an offer or a email. Is this legit or just marketing?

IMO it's just marketing. Being invited to apply means exactly that. View it as being invited to a party--nothing more, nothing less. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If there is a solid APR then the offer is legit. Not every lender uses pre approve or prequalify in their offers.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's just marketing. I too got this email.

But, 3 days before I got this email, I got a "Congrats, you're preapproved" email for the platinum card. So apparently they also send those out
Message 7 of 9
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

As said earlier, "Invited to Apply" is just marketing. That said, Alliant does send out pre-approved offers as you can see in the one I just received one for the Visa Signature

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 10.28.28 PM.png

Message 8 of 9
JourneyStartsNow
New Contributor

@Caardvark wrote:

As said earlier, "Invited to Apply" is just marketing. That said, Alliant does send out pre-approved offers as you can see in the one I just received one for the Visa Signature

Now that's a pre-approval. I also got the invitation to apply. No thanks Alliant!

BK7 Discharged 4/15. Back to square 1.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.