Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant PC

tag
HO8X7696
Valued Member

Alliant PC

I got approved for an Alliant and had a couple questions. I am going to keep the card as is for 2 years, then I'm going to request a product change. I am wondering if the APR stays the same,  and also is it possible to get your apr lowered without a product change after you've had the card for a while? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant PC

@HO8X7696 wrote:

I got approved for an Alliant and had a couple questions. I am going to keep the card as is for 2 years, then I'm going to request a product change. I am wondering if the APR stays the same,  and also is it possible to get your apr lowered without a product change after you've had the card for a while? 

I have had Alliant's cash-back Visa for a few years now.  It has a 25K limit.   They recently got rid of the annual fee on it, but a while back, when the fee still existed, I called to do a product change and the CSR started taking a loan app over the phone.   I explained I just wanted to PC to one of their no fee cards since I never use it.   Long and short, they did not know what PCs are and always require a new app for a new card.  YMMV, but I went up the ladder and that's what I got.   I didn't want a new HP so I left it alone and just kept paying the fee (that now is gone).

Message 2 of 3
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant PC

I PC'ed my Visa Platinum Rewards to the 2.5% Cashback Visa Signature and they actually increased the APR to 15.24% (previously 12.24%). Cash Advance APR also gone up to 20.24% (previously 18.24%). Reps did not tell me about this when I called in; only found out after going through the new statement.

They also issued the new card with new account number so I'll have to see if the new account carries the existing history.

Couple years ago they did lower my APR when I called in, so I'll probably do that again after 6 months.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.