Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Platinum Rewards Points Reduced In Value

tag
craig10x
Regular Contributor

Re: Alliant Platinum Rewards Points Reduced In Value

I was looking at the Alliant Cu thread on a site called Fragile Deals and it was mentioned that the point value seems to have been restored...I went to Alliant's rewards link and although i don't have enough points to cash out to my checking account, i took a look at the gift cards section and sure enough...it was showing full value (ex: an AMC Theatres $50 gift card requires 5000 points)...has anyone else noticed the change and if you have the card...please check and see if you are seeing it also...

Perhaps they changed their mind when they saw a big drop in the card usage...Looks like it's back to a 2% cashback card again...

Message 11 of 16
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Alliant Platinum Rewards Points Reduced In Value

I just checked and checking/savings/statement credits are in fact again valued at $0.01/point.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 12 of 16
Azza
Regular Contributor

Alliant Rewards restoring point values to 1 cent per point

From my email:

Fantastic news!

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 13 of 16
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Alliant Rewards restoring point values to 1 cent per point

I don't have the card, but that is a great response to customer feedback and surprisingly quick.

Message 14 of 16
Ragdollkitty
New Contributor

I was surprised when I saw the email today reverting the devaluation of points.  It even says I'll be credited for the points I lost when I cashed out all my points at the lower rate.

We'll never know but I wonder if it was customer complaints or just data showing people cashing out and/or ceasing usage that prompted the reversal.

While I'm happy with the change, I don't know if how much I'm going to use the card fearing that they might do it again.  It would have been one thing if they had announced that they were downgrading points (like I believe USA alliance did) but instead I learned about it here on forums before Alliant announced the change (and again it was a stealth nerf initially).

Message 15 of 16
Ragdollkitty
New Contributor

My points haven't been restored yet but I realize I have to use the card for about $1500 to get the points to $50 so I can cash out and sock drawer. Again, I'm not going to risk them doing this again so I will use ASAP to get to $50 and then cash it out.

I might have kept using it but the $50 min redemption and the possibility of a.devaluation is just not with it.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.