Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Preapprovals, no CC >_<

tag
xboxrunner
Regular Contributor

Re: Alliant Preapprovals, no CC >_<

Alliant is awesome! There CS is very friendly and easy to work with. I'm very happy I joined them- I fudged my verification so I took 2 Inq's from them but it was definately worth it. They got me into a 3.25% auto refi. Smiley Happy

Transunion - 820 (9/8/21)
Equifax Fico 8 - 832 (9/8/21)
Vantagescore - 821 (3/20/21)
Message 11 of 12
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Alliant Preapprovals, no CC >_<

@Amnesia87 wrote:

I'm fairly certain that the card is a seperate inq. I'm not too upset about it, and the card isn't a big enough deal for me atm to try and app it and waste an inquiry.

I'd rather wait and see how things look in 6 months, main reasons I got in with Alliant are actual banking, and then an option for auto loan down the line.

What other CU are known for good CC Limits and whatnot?

I know NFCU if I can find a way in, but at the moment that seems highly unlikely. The other two that seemed intreaguing to me were Patelco and NASA, but I know there are other highly rated CUs. Addison Ave sounds good, but it's gone $_$.

I'd love some suggestions on good CUs though. Especially ones with great cards/auto loans, with decent limits, and reasonable lending standards.

AFCU

PEN FED

PSECU

would skip Patelco and NASA since they can be a bit too quirky and have no stand out loan products IIRC.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.