Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Visa Signature

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant Visa Signature

I just joined Alliant to try apping for their Visa Signature before I go into the garden for real! I'm not interested in the checking account or anything, but I was wondering if they would send out pre-approvals or show pre-qual if I just wait it out. 

Does anyone know how they function?

Also, does anyone know which bureau they usually pull?

16 REPLIES 16
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Alliant Visa Signature

Op, when I got Alliant 2 1/2 years ago, I almost sure they pulled Transunion. They also HP for CLI and that was Transunion as well. I don't recall anything with preapprovals though, but don't take me at my word because I may be forgetting. I joined, then did the app for the card.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 17
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

In NV, they pulled EQ.  I had joined the cu first, apped a week later.  Just the cc, no checking, just a $5 savings acct.  Score was 755 at the time, $15k sl.

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

In CA they pull transunion. Also for that card they ask for w2 just did cc
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Viva-LV...👏Nice SL.
Message 5 of 17
CramEiko
Established Contributor

I have a family member that used Alliant for the 3% and said that they were too slow. For anyone interested, Alliant wont go over a $50k Credit Limit even with all the supplied docs.

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion for me.  This is one of the most difficult CC's to get -- they can be extremely picky requiring excellent credit and requires income documentation in many cases (they even claim they are looking for 50+K/year in spend).  The application is like filling out a loan app. That said it's a fantastic 3/2.5% card with no foreign transaction fees and one of my "go tos".  Also a great credit union in its own right with highly competitive savings/checking.

Message 7 of 17
Blodreina
Established Contributor

@CramEiko wrote:

I have a family member that used Alliant for the 3% and said that they were too slow. For anyone interested, Alliant wont go over a $50k Credit Limit even with all the supplied docs.

Anyone know what this means?  "Too slow"?

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t know what that means, but the rewards are in there each month as the statement cuts and transfer to savings or checking as fast as anyone else. I think you might need alliant checking account, I may be wrong. Yes it’s like filling out a loan app and I had to send income. Good card if you spend 12600 or more it comes out ahead a 2%. Their website isn’t the most modern but better than some I’ve seen like the capital one buy power.
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also ready to step out of the garden for this one. I opened a savings account with $10K, helps that they have a 2.1% interest rate. In doing my research and looking for DPs, I have notice a lot of people think they can get a 50K CL? I think that is a misundertanding, it looks to me like they are looking for people to run 50K/yr of spending thru it. I wont run quite that much thru it, maybe half, hoping to get approved anyway. I am hoping to score a card. My DTI is 2% and my credit scores are over 800. Wish me luck.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.