Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant visa approved 500.00 limit

tag
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

Re: Alliant visa approved 500.00 limit

@favor4me2 wrote:
Thanks dzbuster, but why didn't you just apply for the visa or the unsecured loan in the first place?

I don't think my scores are there yet. Plus I have a lot of inqu's and some pretty new accounts. I would like to let everything age a bit and plus a BK from '04. I opened the secured loan two months ago, the time just wasn't right.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 11 of 13
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dizbuster wrote:

Hey favor4me2,

It's basically a loan that is secured by however much you have in your savings account. There's no credit check and you can basically set up how long you want to pay pay it back (six months, one year, no penalty for early payment). It's at 4.50% interest, but if you don't touch the loan and put it right back into your savings basically doubling your savings the interest you pay on the loan is pretty negligible. Then have them automatically take the payment out every month.

I had $8000.00 to work with so I took out a secured loan for that amount and will pay it back in one years time. I will then apply for the Alliant visa. This was the most painless experiance I have ever been through. The call took about five minutes and the check was in my mailbox in about three days.

Hope this helps.

No reason why you can't pay of $7000 of it now, or overpay by a bit each month to reduce the interest you are paying and then just pay the rest off over the year, right?

Yea, that would work. I guess I just want to show Alliant that I can handle a large sum of money and leave it alone in savings for awhile. I want to show around 1 year of perfect payment on the loan. It can be very tempting to dip into that $16,000 in savings though Smiley Happy

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

"jimmytftw35, did they say why they only gave you a $500 limit? I don't need another low limit card."..............  All my accounts are less than 60 days old except a bank loan that is 10 months old . I have no baddies at all . I'm a late blummer to this credit game , I'm in my 40's and always paid cash for everything . I would guess that my thin file and all the new accounts played a big part of the limit . Atleast there are no AF's and this card should grow with me . I hope this shed some light on your question . 
Message Edited by jimmytftw35 on 07-19-2009 05:25 AM
Message Edited by jimmytftw35 on 07-19-2009 05:27 AM
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.