cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ally Cash back Visa-issued by TD bank - Anybody approved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ally Cash back Visa-issued by TD bank - Anybody approved?

I have several accounts with Ally bank. Interest checking, savings, money market. I was wondering if anyone applied and received instant approval with them?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Ally Cash back Visa-issued by TD bank - Anybody approved?

I looked at the app and it looks interesting. I'm going to have to think this one over because I don't have ANY Ally accts. whatsoever---but I am looking for an in with TD Bank and don't want to go the Target, Nordstrom, or Aeroplan Visa route.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I looked at the app and it looks interesting. I'm going to have to think this one over because I don't have ANY Ally accts. whatsoever---but I am looking for an in with TD Bank and don't want to go the Target, Nordstrom, or Aeroplan Visa route.

Ally savings product is amazing.  Everyone should have one.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

EX HP. Probably need to be 690 or higher with few recent INQ as well as few recent accounts since it is TD.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So nobody has applied for this card yet to give us some data about what they're looking for to get instant approval???

Message 5 of 13
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So nobody has applied for this card yet to give us some data about what they're looking for to get instant approval???

TBH I really don't need any more cards with the exception of a Jetblue card in my wishlist... My Citi Thank you premier and Chase Freedom is my daily drivers with some purchases to my Citi AAdvantage to keep my AA miles active.  Chase is my Costco card and my Ty premier is my daily driver.  The card looks good though .... If you have an ally account so just app for it if you want to know and tell us Smiley Tongue

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 6 of 13
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

I applied and was declined on inquiries. It was an Experian pull.

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that!

Message 8 of 13
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@lindsaydruart wrote:

I applied and was declined on inquiries. It was an Experian pull.

Was also denied because of new accounts and INQ's...they also kick back a bankcard EX FICO on the denial notes, I believe. I don't have it in front of me.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 9 of 13
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Card was discussed in other threads recently, e.g. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Ally-bank-Cash-rewards-Card/m-p/4656734#M1349312

Why is it attractive!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.