Not applicable

Ally Cashback Credit Card Discontinued

Anyone know why they discontinued it?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Ally Cashback Credit Card Discontinued

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the forums.

AFAIK it hasn't been discontinued since the application form can still be accessed.  Last I recall it's still serviced by TD Bank.  Where/how did you learn that it was discontinued?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the link to the application form? I contacted them and asked and they told me they ended their relationship with TD Bank and are no longer accepting new applicants.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like it’s been pulled from the mobile and desktop ally site.

If it is discontinued, I’m sure it is because either ally or TD bank wasn’t satisfied with the product.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Come to think of it they haven't spammed me about opening up an account in quite a long time.  The extra bonus for depositing into an Ally account would be the only good point.  The rewards were always lackluster and I don't think they would ever have any popular cards for that reason IMO. 

Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the link to the application form? I contacted them and asked and they told me they ended their relationship with TD Bank and are no longer accepting new applicants.

I had heard some rumors last year that it was likely not going to be a sustainable product long-term so it appears that not being featured on the main site confirms that.  Below is the application URL that hasn't been taken down.  It's likely that any applications that come through the pipeline may not get processes I suppose.

https://www.allyapply.ccservicing.com/CCServicing_Apply/Application.do?promoCode=ALLY&src=7420007003

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.