cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alright Citi, you convinced me to setup autopay.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alright Citi, you convinced me to setup autopay.

Citi sent me this email. If they're going to give me $25, why not?

A85C82DA-61DB-487F-B68D-9F59C2EB6C9C.jpeg

I only owe them $164 so instead of paying $100 manually next month like I had been, I'll just pay them $50 with auto pay for 3 months and get my $25 credit. 

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Alright Citi, you convinced me to setup autopay.

Congratulations on your statement credit offer!
Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:
Congratulations on your statement credit offer!

Thanks! I was starting to wonder if Citi would ever give me an offer. The only thing they ever send me are savings account and package offers that need $50K+ to have any kind of benefit 😂 

Message 3 of 33
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

You could still pay the rest of it and just incur new charges to use autopay on your next two payments though, couldn't you?

Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randomguy1 wrote:

You could still pay the rest of it and just incur new charges to use autopay on your next two payments though, couldn't you?

It's 0% from when I had to pay to have our water heater fixed last year so I'm not in a big rush to pay it off. It actually works out fine because my minimum payment is $25 so I'm at least doing 2X minimum still which is my personal comfort level for not having AA. Its not a card that gets much use from me since I stopped doing a bunch of microtransactions on mobile games. 

Message 5 of 33
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Ah that makes much more sense. Essentially free money, gotta love it!

@Anonymous wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

It's 0% from when I had to pay to have our water heater fixed last year so I'm not in a big rush to pay it off. It actually works out fine because my minimum payment is $25 so I'm at least doing 2X minimum still which is my personal comfort level for not having AA. Its not a card that gets much use from me since I stopped doing a bunch of microtransactions on mobile games. 

Message 6 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randomguy1 wrote:

Ah that makes much more sense. Essentially free money, gotta love it!

@Anonymous wrote:

@randomguy1 wrote:

Yep and that's the best kind of money since I'm not really too keen on spending at the moment. 

Message 7 of 33
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi sent me this email. If they're going to give me $25, why not?

A85C82DA-61DB-487F-B68D-9F59C2EB6C9C.jpeg

I only owe them $164 so instead of paying $100 manually next month like I had been, I'll just pay them $50 with auto pay for 3 months and get my $25 credit. 

Cool!  I dont blame you. If I'm offered a $25 credit, I'm doing it too. Thanks for sharing Saeren. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 33
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Awesome offer @Anonymous  I'm a little surprised you hadn't already done that though. (with all tl's)

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

Awesome offer @Anonymous  I'm a little surprised you hadn't already done that though. (with all tl's)

I don't really trust automation honestly. Every single one of my cards gets checked and paid monthly by me. 

I may set all of my cards up for autopay minimum from NFCU since I have a CLOC there and just use it as a backup, it's just some cards like Capital One will take the autopay even if you manually paid so I ended up deleting it from all of them. 

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.