Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternatives to the Uber Visa Card

tag
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Alternatives to the Uber Visa Card

Hey everyone!

I hope this is an OK thread to start. With the nerf ball pinging the Uber Visa Card head on earlier today, I wanted to start a thread for suggestions for the alternatives that would either be the most comparable or have striking advantages to the new version of the card. Also, if you have experiences with any of these cards, feel free to share for others. I'll be looking in February, so I look forward to all the comments!

Annnnnnnnnd go...
BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 1 of 103
102 REPLIES 102
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Alternatives to the Uber Visa Card

Really the best you can do for dining is 3%, for which there are many options. Wells Fargo Propel, Citi Costco, Marvel Mastercard, even Amex Green. All have benefits and drawbacks.

Message 2 of 103
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Really the best you can do for dining is 3%, for which there are many options. Wells Fargo Propel, Citi Costco, Marvel Mastercard, even Amex Green. All have benefits and drawbacks.

and CSR

Uber and Eats are both "travel".

*also Savor

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 103
Remedios
Credit Mentor

AR, if mobile payment is an option.

Message 4 of 103
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

I get 5.25% with BoA Cash Rewards.  

Depending on your Preferred Rewards status you get at least 3%, up to 5.25%. 

Message 5 of 103
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Right, but with an AF, some cards give more than 4% in straight cash value when used for travel through a portal (CSR/AR = 4.5%) with more options for transferable point systems

Message 6 of 103
dsotm76
Frequent Contributor

Can you explain more about the Preferred Rewards? How is that determined?
BCE AMEX ($16200) - Citi DC ($11600) - Chase Sapphire Preferred ($10200) - Nordstrom Visa Signature ($10000) - Best Buy Citi Visa ($9950) - Chase Freedom Flex ($7700) - NHL Discover IT ($7000) - Apple Card ($6000) - Delta Gold AMEX ($6000) - Hilton Honors AMEX ($5000) - Barclay View ($5000)

Closed - Capital One Secured ($500) - It is not in my wallet. :-) - Sony/Sync ($2400)

Goal - To get in with Chase. Smiley Very Happy (ACHIEVED!)
Message 7 of 103
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dsotm76 wrote:
Hey everyone!

I hope this is an OK thread to start. With the nerf ball pinging the Uber Visa Card head on earlier today, I wanted to start a thread for suggestions for the alternatives that would either be the most comparable or have striking advantages to the new version of the card. Also, if you have experiences with any of these cards, feel free to share for others. I'll be looking in February, so I look forward to all the comments!

Annnnnnnnnd go...

Well, in my case the Wells Fargo Propel, the TD Cash (Groceries mostly) and the PNC Cash all have 3%, add the travel category in the Propel and the 4% in gas in the PNC

Message 8 of 103
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@dsotm76 wrote:

The higher your assets at BofA, the higher your credit card rewards.

To be eligible, you need to have a checking account open for at least 3 months. Higher amounts for less time do not serve as a "shortcut".

https://www.bankofamerica.com/preferred-rewards/

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 9 of 103
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@dsotm76 wrote:

https://www.bankofamerica.com/preferred-rewards/

Message 10 of 103
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.