cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altitude GO - Seeing any targeted offers??

tag
arunkumarmm
Regular Contributor

Re: Altitude GO - Seeing any targetted offers??

I downgraded my AR to the GO almost a year back and it doesnt get much use after that... I do get occasional email with offers almost similar to the screenshot provided above. Not very attractive or useful to me. 

Cash+ alteast got an add AU and get $20 but nothing on the GO

Message 21 of 30
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

I wanted to revisit this again. After some extended thought, I think I may likely go ahead and App for the AltitudeGO, as a back-up restaurant card to the Citi Custom Cash.

First, I am going to wait until I can determine if I can PC my Citi DC to the Custom Cash.....that way I don't have to burn a HP to cold app for that.  That will leave me a clean slate for the AltGO app.

But one thing I can't seem to determine from the approvals, is which bureau US Bank is going to be pulling from....I always thought US Bank was "almost" a pure TU puller.  But in the approvals I'm seeing pulls all over the place. Some for EX, some for EQ......and oddly, not seeing many even stating TU. Almost seems like a regional thing.

When I applied for the Cash+ back in 2019, USB pulled TU for me, as I expected. So going into this I pretty much assumed it would be the same this time....until I checked the approvals and saw the mix of bureaus.

I live in SC (southeast region) ....am I going to be able to expect another TU pull? Or have they changed their habits?

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

On Deck: No Plans Currently
Message 22 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If you live in a state where they have physical branches, most likely it's going to be TU.

If you don't, any of the three is a possibility, but silver lining, it's almost universally a single HP (with SP on at least one other). 

Message 23 of 30
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@Remedios  Hmmm, I just checked......I didn't think we had any physical branches here. But evidently, there is one single location in Fort Mill, SC which is about 1 1/2 hours from me.

So according to your info, that's why I fell into the TU group last time? And likely will again this time...

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

Message 24 of 30
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Yeah, probably TU again. 

For me, it's always TU, they are everywhere here, but each new approval also came with synchronous EX SP. 

Message 25 of 30
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Right on. I'm 1/24 across all bureaus (the one being EQ in May 2020) so not concerned much about the SP.

And would prefer the HP to be TU, as most of my other potential future cards all seem to fall under EX.

Decided I could use the 5% CustomCash as my main restaurant card. And for months where I have Home Improvement spend, or the rare Travel spend, I can switch to the AltGO for restaurants that month.

But going forward, if anyone else sees any other targetted offers come in on the AltGO, I would still like to see examples of what they are receiving. Would be nice to have an alternate use for the AltGO at times.

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

Message 26 of 30
TampaBAY86
Regular Contributor

Not sure if this is what you are asking about, but I received an offer today for 20,000 points to open a checking account.  I applied for and was approved for the card on 4/30/21. 

us bank offer.jpg

Message 27 of 30
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

@Taurus22 wrote:

Well the "powers that be" at Google must have contacted US Bank about my search patterns... Just got this in my email today...

USB 3.jpg   USB 2.jpg

They're trying really hard.... Smiley Tongue

Went back to look at this offer again......It states I am "Prequalified".....I understand that's different from "preapproved".  Just wondering....when I decide to apply, if I use this offer link, (it gives me a confirmation code) does that improve chances for approval? Or possibly improve SL?  I think my scores, DTI, and UTI% are good enough to be approved on that merit alone, but with USB I'm somewhat concerned about the notorious $1000 SL that has to be Recon'ed. (like i had to do with my Cash+) 

If they pull TU again, current updated FICO TU8 = 809 with UTI 7%   (0/12 , 1/24)  (TU 0 EQ 1 EX 2)

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

Message 28 of 30
Taurus22
Valued Contributor

Well nobody could really answer my last question, but I have another one maybe someone can help with....

If I were to app for the AltitudeGO, and decided after a year that the card was redundant for me with my other cards, does USBank allow moving limits? .....to move the AltGO limits to my Cash+, then close the AltGO?

Just trying to decide if this is actually a good move for me or not, and if I would have options if I deemed it to be a mistake later on....

My Wallet
Sock Drawered

Message 29 of 30
Titans84
Valued Contributor

US Bank does not allow credit movement between cards. 

Current FICO 8:

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.