Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altitude Reserve, Delta gift card?

tag
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: Altitude Reserve, Delta gift card?

Agreed, I'm hesitant to try it which is why I asked but I won't be traveling much this year either.

PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 11 of 62
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

When is your anniversary?

Message 12 of 62
Caught750
Valued Contributor

March

PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 13 of 62
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Weekend getaway on plane or boat?  Other than possibly going for gift cards (like Remedios said no recent reports of shutdowns, but given the history...), I'm not sure.  If you have any later plans this year you could always do a prepaid hotel booking if the amount is enough and RTR is set up for hotels.

Message 14 of 62
Caught750
Valued Contributor

RTR is set up for hotels but we have absolutely nothing planned.  With closing eating up pretty much all of the cash we can part with and DS arriving there is a pretty slim chance of even a weekend this year.  2021 is a different story but maybe a single weekend at most this year.

BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 15 of 62
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:

RTR is set up for hotels but we have absolutely nothing planned.  With closing eating up pretty much all of the cash we can part with and DS arriving there is a pretty slim chance of even a weekend this year.  2021 is a different story but maybe a single weekend at most this year.

Worst case scenario, if you have enough points, you could use them to pay your AF at least so it doesn't come out of your pocket. 35k points for the $400 AF, I believe. 

Message 16 of 62
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Any family members flying in for DS's arrival?  Maybe you could buy tickets and they could reimburse you?  Or you could pay to upgrade them?   Just trying to think of ways to not completely abandon the credit.  I'm assuming that you have enough mobile spend to make the AF worth it even without using the travel credits?

While not a great value by any means, miles purchases should be eligible for the credit.  Despite what I said earlier about despite what I said (LOL) if I were in your shoes I probably would end up going for the gift card purchases.  But my risk tolerance is probably higher than it should be when it comes to credit sometimes.

Message 17 of 62
Caught750
Valued Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@Caught750 wrote:

Worst case scenario, if you have enough points, you could use them to pay your AF at least so it doesn't come out of your pocket. 35k points for the $400 AF, I believe. 

Ive been considering that possibility

BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 18 of 62
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Caught750 wrote:

Am I safe to use the travel credit to buy a Delta gift card?  Does this fit into the stuff that gets cards shut down?

Also is it calendar year or card member year?

No clue on this one.  I don't have the 🧦Precious yet.  But, I bet @longtimelurker, @K-in-Boston, @UncleB or @Remedios might know 😁

What the fico! I can quote on mobile nowSmiley Happy

Also, wtfico, @FinStar  you dont have a 🧦 card? Mind 🤯

Message 19 of 62
Caught750
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Any family members flying in for DS's arrival?  Maybe you could buy tickets and they could reimburse you?  Or you could pay to upgrade them?   Just trying to think of ways to not completely abandon the credit.  I'm assuming that you have enough mobile spend to make the AF worth it even without using the travel credits?

While not a great value by any means, miles purchases should be eligible for the credit.  Despite what I said earlier about despite what I said (LOL) if I were in your shoes I probably would end up going for the gift card purchases.  But my risk tolerance is probably higher than it should be when it comes to credit sometimes.

K, at this point (while I love US Bank and Altitude) a lot of my spend is AmEx as I've been focusing on MR.  I hate to say it but I may either risk it, try to PC, or close (😭) as I don't know if it's justifiable at the moment.

We don't have family that can't drive (the ones that are farthest) refuse to fly and drive 8 hours. 

I'm having a hard time deciding on what to keep, PC, or close.  AR was a dream card and it's a favorite but I will admit to questioning its longevity for me.

BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
Message 20 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.