Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Altitude Reserve and RTR

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Altitude Reserve and RTR

I assume the answer is "no" but want to check!   If I book a flight through the reward center (to get 5x) am I also offered the purchase as a RTR?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: Altitude Reserve and RTR

@longtimelurker wrote:

I assume the answer is "no" but want to check!   If I book a flight through the reward center (to get 5x) am I also offered the purchase as a RTR?

Nope. You'll be redeeming points for the purchase and not really charging on the card.

Message 2 of 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Nope. You'll be redeeming points for the purchase and not really charging on the card.

Sorry, I misremembered what got 5x.  So if I book a hotel or car rental through the reward center, actually paying with the card, I should get 5x, and then, do I get an RTR offer?

Message 3 of 4
IntegerIntrovert
Frequent Contributor

I think you are "prepaying" when done with the portal thus not getting an RTR. I should know since I love my AR card but I would never prepay a hotel, so I have no experience with the 5x bookings.

EQ - 809 / TU - 817 / EX - 817

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.