Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Always check with Discover

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Always check with Discover

Discover is so great. I was just offered a 13-month 0% promo for no apparent reason lol. This is the FOURTH time I've gotten seemingly-random offers like this. And the offers are always a year or more, as opposed to other lenders who offer promos like 1.99 for three months or something. 

Love Discover! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
delaney1
Established Contributor

Re: Always check with Discover

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Discover is so great. I was just offered a 13-month 0% promo for no apparent reason lol. This is the FOURTH time I've gotten seemingly-random offers like this. And the offers are always a year or more, as opposed to other lenders who offer promos like 1.99 for three months or something. 

Love Discover! 

Yep, Discover is great. My daughter is moving away from home for the first time for grad school. I told her to call and see if there was a 0% offer available to help set up her first apartment and Discover so graciously obliged. I also called  to see if I had a 0% after DH and I closed on our home in April, and I had an offer as well. I was a little ho hum on Discover when I got my card two years ago,  but now I'm very pleased with them.

Message 2 of 8
Horseshoez
Valued Contributor

LOL, I hear things like "Discover is great" a lot; many folks in my circle of friends and acquaintances swear by their Discover cards.  Then there are those of us, myself included, whom Discover won't give the time of day to.  Smiley Tongue

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 3 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

Love Discover! 

BT offers are great, I've used them with multiple CCs in the past to pay down large balances.   Don't have Discover but it's cool that they do this as a regular promotion.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep I have had a 0% for 12 months offer going since last year. Expires in August. 

They have been showering me with BT offers too. I just checked and I have my first $0 fee offer in quite awhile (my last one I used to open my NFCU SSL and paid it back within a week) although it's 6.99% for 15 months which would be higher than moving it to NFCU but good for some quick cash. 

Message 5 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

It's been a year and a  half since Discover 'showered' me with anything.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 6 of 8
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

I'm on a 0.9% APR promo through April '22. I'd be doing some home improvement projects with it if all things at the orange box store weren't double in price ATM...

Message 7 of 8
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Yeah, they're cool like that, glad they had another for you.

I started a 0% for 13 months back in April, thought I was gonna need it for a Playstation I bought my grandson for his birthday.

Ended up using a different card and was fortunate enough to PIF by due date.

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.