Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am EX 4506-T Results

tag
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

Am EX 4506-T Results

Just some data points: Am Ex exposure - Delta 18k, BCP 4500, Surpass 6900.  Exp score at time of cli app: 756. Income: 122K.  Total '17 inquiries: 9, two new accounts.

Apped for cli on Surpass to 16k, prompted for 4506-T.  Submitted on 11/18, results today (12/5): $800 cli!  Disappointed with the poor service from the AE credit team: got the run-around everytime I called for updates.  Delta is not a big presence in Las Vegas, so I transferred 16k to the Surpass, which gets more use.  I have a Citi HHR card to be converted (5K), I'll try to transfer that to the Surpass in a year.  Guess my exposure gets a 5k increase in January: thanks, Citi!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Am EX 4506-T Results

Shocked for your income your are capped with Amex already at approx 30k.. I have about 70k expsoure with them scores in the 715 Experian range and my income is slightly higher than yours.  Never have been asked for 4506-t.  All for a 800 CLI.. Strange.

Message 2 of 14
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

That is very disappointing.  Anything negative in your history?  Has your income increased greatly over the past few years?  I'm assuming they looked at 2015 and 2016, which is why I ask.  $800 would make me angry knowing that I had to wait 6 months! 

I'm taking the plunge on SPG to ask for the full 3x to $63k next month, and hoping to cross the $100k mark in 2018, so the 4506-T talk is extremely interesting to me right now.  I never bothered to ask for a CLI on my Blue all these years until late last year, so my real revolvers are only months old.  DW has $59k or so on her two cards that she's opened in the past 18 months or so, and no 4506-T request yet.  Our income is fairly high combined.

Question for both of you, if you don't mind - how long have you been continuous Amex customers, and how much average spend do you put through all of your Amex cards combined? Member Since 2002 here, and have averaged probably about $5-6k/monthly for the past few years and around $4k or so the decade+ prior to that.

Message 3 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Well how I got my MSD date of 1990 was AU on parents gold card I believe so not sure whether they really consider that, but myself for about 4 years of a member unless you want to consider a green card I also had in my name when I was 18 for about a year before I cancelled it?  I typically run 300-500 only through a month on my Amex's, but have also put around 3kish on them per month at times, but fairly rarely.  So fairly low spend for Amex standards although last time asked for a CLI on my only personal Amex being the ED card at 28k it was declined I am assuming due to spend (who can blame them Smiley Happy ) although not sure of exact reason although believe I am up to try again.  Also have a 20k Business SPG, 10k SimplyCash and 15.4k Business Blue Plus so actually at at 73,400 exposure with quite honestly I am shocked by I have had my business incorporated for 16 approx years, but honestly it is just a company i can do 1099 work if needed and havent used it in YEARS so it is all based on my personal income and relationship with Amex.  I don't carry any debt other than student loans and a car payment though so DTI is very good.  Not sure if that helps either OP or you @K-in-Boston .  Not sure why Amex has been so generous to me with all my other credit as well as I certainly use Chase a heck of alot more than Amex and just basically use Amex for sign-up bonuses and main reason to give them some spend is to say thank you as I value UR's more than MR's.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Shocked for your income your are capped with Amex already at approx 30k.. I have about 70k expsoure with them scores in the 715 Experian range and my income is slightly higher than yours.  Never have been asked for 4506-t.  All for a 800 CLI.. Strange.

CC ... would the depth of your credit file (AAoA and Oldest Accounts) drive more flexibility with lenders (performance track record)!

Message 5 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

This reminds me og AG'S request for 50k on Amex and in the end they offered only like $500 , may have been $700 cant quite remember. This for someone who made really goid money and had high limit already. Interesting to see .
Message 6 of 14
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

That's pretty disappointing given your income and scores.  I have half the income you do and have $60k exposure across 3 Delta cards.  I was only asked for the 4506-T after requesting my Reserve to be bumped to $25k, but that was not until after I received each card with a $10k SL, bumped my Delta Platinum to $25k and then asked for my Reserve to be at $25k.

Message 7 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Noctilum wrote:

That's pretty disappointing given your income and scores.  I have half the income you do and have $60k exposure across 3 Delta cards.  I was only asked for the 4506-T after requesting my Reserve to be bumped to $25k, but that was not until after I received each card with a $10k SL, bumped my Delta Platinum to $25k and then asked for my Reserve to be at $25k.

Wow that is shocking so you are saying with Amex you basically have you yearly income with credit line to them?  That is basically unheard of, but if true a good data point.  Was this recently? 

Message 8 of 14
Viva-LV
Frequent Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

That is very disappointing.  Anything negative in your history?  Has your income increased greatly over the past few years?  I'm assuming they looked at 2015 and 2016, which is why I ask.  $800 would make me angry knowing that I had to wait 6 months! 

I'm taking the plunge on SPG to ask for the full 3x to $63k next month, and hoping to cross the $100k mark in 2018, so the 4506-T talk is extremely interesting to me right now.  I never bothered to ask for a CLI on my Blue all these years until late last year, so my real revolvers are only months old.  DW has $59k or so on her two cards that she's opened in the past 18 months or so, and no 4506-T request yet.  Our income is fairly high combined.

Question for both of you, if you don't mind - how long have you been continuous Amex customers, and how much average spend do you put through all of your Amex cards combined? Member Since 2002 here, and have averaged probably about $5-6k/monthly for the past few years and around $4k or so the decade+ prior to that.

Been a "member" off and on since '96.  Really got back in two years ago, when I picked up a BCP, then a Plat.  Delta and Surpass are less than two years.  Clean slate on my history, income actually decreasing lately.  Gave them '15 and '16 on the IV form.  Actually, I'm surprised that I got a cli, even though it is nominal.  I spend $500 - $1500 across four cards monthly, but plan on making the Surpass my daily driver.  So, here's the rank by lender:  1) BOA  $76k (I'm topped out); 2) US Bank  $57k (four cards); 3) Citi $41k (2); 4) AmEx $35k (including Citi HHR); the rest: Barclay, Penfed, Alliant - all $20k; Disco $18k, Sync $13k, and little Chase Marriott $5k.

Its interesting how lenders vary between posters here.  Thanks for the replies!

Am Ex | BOA | Chase | Citi | Disc | PenFed | USB | 400K Club
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next time when you are prompted with the IV request, hit the back tab on your browser, decrease your requested amount by 1K, repeat until you get an approval without IV request.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.