Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I Off Chase's blacklist?

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Am I Off Chase's blacklist?

@coldnmn wrote:

Smiley Sad After reading this post I checked out the pre approval. I was pre approved for Freedom but not falling for it to be denied! Smiley Indifferent

I honestly think you will get it cold.  If anything from the past (Chase-wise) may cause the 7-10 message to display, then call the backdoor number to get the application reconsidered.  You've likely read some folks have had success with Chase approving if it's something that happened several years ago and you already have a solid history... soooo... apply?

Message 11 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

Smiley Sad After reading this post I checked out the pre approval. I was pre approved for Freedom but not falling for it to be denied! Smiley Indifferent

I honestly think you will get it cold.  If anything from the past (Chase-wise) may cause the 7-10 message to display, then call the backdoor number to get the application reconsidered.  You've likely read some folks have had success with Chase approving if it's something that happened several years ago and you already have a solid history... soooo... apply?

I opted back in trying to get the $200 for the Citi double cash. I have waaay more credit than I need already without begging for more. Thanks Fin for the support though!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 12 of 23
bizzyballa31
New Contributor

@elim wrote:

@bizzyballa31 wrote:
This is a card I would like to have. It should compliment my discover nicely. I burned them for less than $500 if I remember correctly so I hope that they would consider that. Unfortunately I just had a mini app spree 2 months ago and my last baddie is supposed to come off late this month or next so I'm not going to be apping until the new year. With EX being my worst report I need the baddie to come off to avoid getting a toy limit.

good idea to wait...

you probably have the Slate and Freedom offer now? If you wait a few months you may get the CSP offer (which you may or may not want) that is a 5k card and may help in getting you a better starting limit on your freedom.

I still check once or twice a month when i'm in the garden... kind of cures the itch and keeps me investigating my next move (looking for more bonus travel cards)

No Slate offer, just the Freedom.  I am in desperate need of a dining card so the CSP would be perfect.  I had a New Year app spree planned but if I can get back in with Chase, that changes the game a bit.

Message 13 of 23
bizzyballa31
New Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

I opted back in trying to get the $200 for the Citi double cash. I have waaay more credit than I need already without begging for more. Thanks Fin for the support though!

If you have more credit than you need then just go for it.  Worst case scenario you take an Inq and go back to using your credit that is already available.

Message 14 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@bizzyballa31 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

If you have more credit than you need then just go for it.  Worst case scenario you take an Inq and go back to using your credit that is already available.

I would if I didn't have such low income ($26k net. I don't want to screw up my chances for the Citi double cash if I get offered the $200 bonus. Starting in Jan they are supposed to give a free Fico EQ score also. If you go for the Freedom it would get you in the door for the card you want in 6 months in my opinion.

Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Message 15 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@coldnmn wrote:

@bizzyballa31 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

I would if I didn't have such low income ($26k net. I don't want to screw up my chances for the Citi double cash if I get offered the $200 bonus. Starting in Jan they are supposed to give a free Fico EQ score also. If you go for the Freedom it would get you in the door for the card you want in 6 months in my opinion.

Totally understand and respect your decision.  On the plus side, the pre-qualification for Freedom is definitely a postive sign and I'm fairly certain the sign-up bonus will return again Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped for a Chase card last month...  denied.  To be fair, I am just starting the road back, so a denial based on a short AAoA and too many inquiries made sense.  But she did make it a point to mention the paid for less the balance CO I had with them a couple of years ago.  Never said that was the reason for denial, but I felt like it had at least a little something to do with it.  Plan on gardening until the summer, we'll see how things look then...

Message 17 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I apped for a Chase card last month...  denied.  To be fair, I am just starting the road back, so a denial based on a short AAoA and too many inquiries made sense.  But she did make it a point to mention the paid for less the balance CO I had with them a couple of years ago.  Never said that was the reason for denial, but I felt like it had at least a little something to do with it.  Plan on gardening until the summer, we'll see how things look then...

Smiley Sad I'm still waiting 17 years! Smiley Happy Maybe 20 will be my lucky number!

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the "blacklist" only for Chase credit cards or for any type of bad Chase relationship from the past? If from anything to go bad from Chase, I may just be in the 1%.  I went through a period of time where I didn't know any better and let a private student loan from Chase get charged off for over $30k back in 2008. Last year I got a 1099 for the debt; I didn't pay it, they decided not to pursue further collections and in June I was instantly approved for Freedom.

Message 19 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is the "blacklist" only for Chase credit cards or for any type of bad Chase relationship from the past? If from anything to go bad from Chase, I may just be in the 1%.  I went through a period of time where I didn't know any better and let a private student loan from Chase get charged off for over $30k back in 2008. Last year I got a 1099 for the debt; I didn't pay it, they decided not to pursue further collections and in June I was instantly approved for Freedom.

Mine was from a credit card they aquired, they didn't even own it at the time of my BK.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.