Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I eligible for Chase Freedom?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I eligible for Chase Freedom?

I was interested in it for the 15 month, 0% BT offer and rewards which I'd take advantage of after my BT was paid off.

My scores are in the early 700s.
Utilization is at 41%. Would they even start me high enough to cover a few thousand of this?
I never applied for Chase before.
I have never had any offers on their PreQualify page.
I do not have any HPs in over a year.
No baddies.

And I meant to post this in the application forum. I was searcing for approvals and got ahead of myself. Lol. Sorry Mods!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Am I eligible for Chase Freedom?

Oh the Freedom should be a shoe-in for you. They've been know to approve high-600s for this card. It's known as a starter card for Chase. It was my first Chase. I now also have the Freedom Unlimited and may eye for an IHG at some point.

Message 2 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh the Freedom should be a shoe-in for you. They've been know to approve high-600s for this card. It's known as a starter card for Chase. It was my first Chase. I now also have the Freedom Unlimited and may eye for an IHG at some point.

Did you have $7,300+ of revolving debt when you were approved?

(I'm guessing the answer is "no", in which case I would not be nearly so optimistic.)

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol good question.
Although  it's more like 5 or 6k.

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

(I'm guessing the answer is "no", in which case I would not be nearly so optimistic.)

Message 4 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol good question.
Although  it's more like 5 or 6k.

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

At least one of your numbers is off, then.

$15,700 Amex Blue Cash CL

$2,100 Discover CL

$500? Cap1 QS. I wasn't sure I was reading your signature correctly and didn't even include this one.

The sum of those three CLs is $18,300.

41% of $18,300 is $7,503...not $5k or $6k.

Message 5 of 9
zerofire
Valued Contributor

While you would definitely qualify we cannot guarantee that any specific SL will be given. The requirements for the Chase Freedom are rather low and are the lowest of the core Chase products.

The only thing I will have to say is that it might be a batter choice to go after a proper BT card like the Chase Slate. That way you are not losing 3% on the BT fee.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 6 of 9
wasCB14
Super Contributor

OP, what is your income? You don't have to share, but it is relevant.

@zerofire wrote:

While you would definitely qualify we cannot guarantee that any specific SL will be given. The requirements for the Chase Freedom are rather low and are the lowest of the core Chase products.

The only thing I will have to say is that it might be a batter choice to go after a proper BT card like the Chase Slate. That way you are not losing 3% on the BT fee.

I'm looking at your signature...I know of Visa Signature and Visa Signature Preferred...but what the heck is VSC?

Message 7 of 9
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous, you've done a great job building and gardening. Your file thickness and card ages are perfect for Chase.

We want to make sure that your utilization isn't a stumbling block. Could you list your cards, their limits, and their balances? I think people would feel more comfortable giving advice about pulling the trigger if we had that information.

A Slate can be product-changed to a Freedom once you're done with the balance transfer. Consider the cost of the balance transfer fee vs. the sign-up bonus. If the bonus is greater than what you're paying in fees, the Freedom beats the Slate. The Slate wins if the bonus doesn't cover the fees.

Message 8 of 9
zerofire
Valued Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

OP, what is your income? You don't have to share, but it is relevant.

@zerofire wrote:

I'm looking at your signature...I know of Visa Signature and Visa Signature Preferred...but what the heck is VSC?

Oh that is easy. VS is for a Visa Signature card. The C is for Contactless. Chase is not issuing new contactless cards to people unless one of three things happen, they get a new product type(PC or new account), their card expires or they call asking for it. That is because replacing all of the cards Chase issued would be insane for the card manufacturers like Gemalto and Giesecke+Devrient. This is in contrast to what Capitol One did by forcefully issuing new cards that had not renewed by x time in addition to the other criteria. Capitol One could do this because less cards needed to be made and it made them look better. For Chase I forced their hand with a phone call because it made my life easier at all over the place and look better.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.