Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I missing something??

tag
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Am I missing something??

I opened all my credit card accounts in Aug/Sept. of this year. I pif before the first statement cut and half of my cc's did not post on my cr's. Then I let a small balance post for each one the following month and they all posted. Then, I pif all of them before the next statement cut and now I'm showing balances on my accounts that were paid off. So do the cc companies not report to the cr's if there is a 0.00 balance? I'm really confused and wondering if I am doing it right?? My creditkarma is showing balances that have been pif quite some time ago. What am I missing or doing wrong?

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Am I missing something??

Regular cards or store cards?  I know a lot of store cards, especially the WFNNB/Comenity ones, won't generate a statement if there is no balance, so it doesn't update on your reports, either.  I haven't had an issue with them not reporting that I have paid off the balance, but a lot of people here have.

Message 2 of 4
snowkitty
Established Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

Regular cards or store cards?  I know a lot of store cards, especially the WFNNB/Comenity ones, won't generate a statement if there is no balance, so it doesn't update on your reports, either.  I haven't had an issue with them not reporting that I have paid off the balance, but a lot of people here have.

Store cards.....Both of my Commenity ones and my Old Navy and Shell (Citi) cards took forever to update. Everyone else seems to post the same day that the statements come out. I don't know whethere to always run a small balance on them or just pay in full. I want them to update but I don't want alot of balances either.

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 3 of 4
laz98
Senior Contributor

Gotcha.  I guess since you have tried both ways, there really is no best way!  I guess it just depends on what they feel like doing.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.