Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I pre-approved?

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Am I pre-approved?

@mauwow0682 wrote:
Those are just offers. However BofA does have a pre-approval offer area in the credit cards section. Give that a shot! That's how I got my 123.

I agree, check out the pre approval CC link and if its there its a preapproval.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 14
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

The BofA website does not in any aspect prequalify you.  According to the representative that I just made sure I got the most correct information from this is a fact.  It does not do a soft pull on your credit report.  It merely recommends a card for you, nothing else.  Trust me I exhausted every aspect of questioning the person to make certain of the facts.  He talked around it for so long I had to demand he stay with me and simply answer the questions with a yes or no.  He didn't do that too well, but I did eventually get him to and then I reverified it a few times.  He certainly tried as hard as he could to retain a sale out of me and get me to think less than reality on the truth of the matter.

But he assured me it helps the customers choose the right card for their needs.  While it does not in any manner check the credit report until the actual application is submitted. 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 12 of 14
zyzzus
Established Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

The BofA website does not in any aspect prequalify you.  According to the representative that I just made sure I got the most correct information from this is a fact.  It does not do a soft pull on your credit report.  It merely recommends a card for you, nothing else.  Trust me I exhausted every aspect of questioning the person to make certain of the facts.  He talked around it for so long I had to demand he stay with me and simply answer the questions with a yes or no.  He didn't do that too well, but I did eventually get him to and then I reverified it a few times.  He certainly tried as hard as he could to retain a sale out of me and get me to think less than reality on the truth of the matter.

But he assured me it helps the customers choose the right card for their needs.  While it does not in any manner check the credit report until the actual application is submitted. 

I believe this to be correct information as I checked all of my reports and didn't see a soft from BOA at all.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 13 of 14
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Which is only one reason I avoid them!  Even though I have others.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.