Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the only one addicted??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I the only one addicted??

Applying for credit card is addicting and I DONT EVEN NEED IT !!!

Since December, I applied 6 times and was approved everytime except for Delta Gold Card for AMEX (!$%$!$%!) !!

I know that I should wait for atleast a year before I do anything but I cant stop and feel like applying for more... SOMEONE HELP ME! !! 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Re: Am I the only one addicted??

@Anonymous wrote:

Since December, I applied 6 times and was approved everytime except for Delta Gold Card for AMEX (!$%$!$%!) !!

I know that I should wait for atleast a year before I do anything but I cant stop and feel like applying for more... SOMEONE HELP ME! !! 

LS and appbar will be here soon to offer support...Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 2 of 24
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

lol. I'm with you for support if your with me. It feels good to be approved.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 3 of 24
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@OP,

Only you can help you.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm LS (AKA: Appbar Sr.)

You'll see my youngin' afbar (AKA: Appbar Jr.) on the baords too.

We are app-addicts.

I suggest you jump in with us.......we're on a short-term 6 month stint in the Garden! We can be each others support group!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 24
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

Ok, I'll come out and say it. You said, "I know that I should wait for atleast a year before I do anything." Ok, then you know what you should do. Now, it's up to YOU to do it. If you don't need the credit, if you know that you need to wait before doing anything more, then STOP APPING!!!!!! Really, what else is there to say?

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I'll come out and say it. You said, "I know that I should wait for atleast a year before I do anything." Ok, then you know what you should do. Now, it's up to YOU to do it. If you don't need the credit, if you know that you need to wait before doing anything more, then STOP APPING!!!!!! Really, what else is there to say?

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 24
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There are a few things I can say.

Sometimes it helps to put together some longer term credit goals.  For instance, if I wait one year, I can app for "insert better card name here".  Or, I want to refi in a few years, or buy my first house, so I want my overall picture to look like this, so I need to plan.  But if you can see a placce in the future where you can app, it is easier not to app now.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 8 of 24
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sometimes it helps to put together some longer term credit goals.  For instance, if I wait one year, I can app for "insert better card name here".  Or, I want to refi in a few years, or buy my first house, so I want my overall picture to look like this, so I need to plan.  But if you can see a placce in the future where you can app, it is easier not to app now.

+1 That's what I did. Seeing all of the approvals here made me go bonkers. I wanted to app for cards SO badly. But I wrote out my credit goals and every time I got the urge to app, I would remind myself of my long-term goals. It's hard to be patient, but it has paid off so far. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@crunching_numbers wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1 That's what I did. Seeing all of the approvals here made me go bonkers. I wanted to app for cards SO badly. But I wrote out my credit goals and every time I got the urge to app, I would remind myself of my long-term goals. It's hard to be patient, but it has paid off so far. Smiley Happy

I think those 2 awesome AMEX approvals helped that itch out alot.......................Smiley Wink

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.