cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I the only one who dislikes my ZYNC?

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: Am I the only one who dislikes my ZYNC?

Wait. A NPSL card can have a spending limit? Am I the only one who finds this counter-intuitive? 

Message 41 of 53
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Wait. A NPSL card can have a spending limit? Am I the only one who finds this counter-intuitive? 

they do have a limit but it depends per person.

a no-pre set limit but there is a limit 

if its 2k or 10k you have to pay it off the next month otherwise theyll close the account. 

it limits their liablility. 

of course if you charge 10k a month and pif for 6 months youll probably be able to charge more then the average person. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 42 of 53
HiLine
Blogger

Thanks for the clarification. I actually never thought deeply about the meaning of the card type's name. I guess it literally means there is no pre-set spending limit, but implies that there is a variable spending limit. This is very different from no limit at all, which is what I used to associate Amex's charge cards with. How naive of me. Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 53
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. I actually never thought deeply about the meaning of the card type's name. I guess it literally means there is no pre-set spending limit, but implies that there is a variable spending limit. This is very different from no limit at all, which is what I used to associate Amex's charge cards with. How naive of me. Smiley Happy

lol like in the old movies when peopled used their amex's to buy private jets Smiley Wink

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 44 of 53
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

im not trying to start a debate or anything but alot of people have said that they have been denied for another amex  due to a zync card. 

i actually well technically apped for a costco te when my mom and i opened our exec card and she took a pull but i didnt. she was denied due to zync being too new. (which at the time was like 3 weeks) but she also had high util and a bk reporting. 

i might apply for giggles next week for the te or a bce just too get my score.

my amex scores have been 715 (credit secure) for 3+ months but when i called they said they dont even use those scores..... okay lol 

the rep basically said the only way too know is to apply. 

This is likely the reason. I apped for Costco with a 9-yr old BK on my cr and was denied because of the bk.

a couple of years later, I  apped for Zync first and Costco later the same day. I was approved for both. I haven't heard of someone not getting Amex  because they have Zync. So many people here have used zync as their first Amex card. The only thing I've read is that the hard-limit cards haven't gone to NPSL But I believe I've even read a post a while back where someone who couldn't get their hard limit to go to NPSL apped and was approved for another Amex. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 45 of 53
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I've been very disappointed in the rewards, too. I got the Connect pack and am barely (if at all) going to break even for the $15 it cost me. I put monthly Internet/phone, Dish, and cell on it. That's it. I will have had the card a year in feb and have gotten zero back from the card. There is a rewards balance, but I don't have enough to even get a $25 gift card! 

for rewards, it's just not worth my using it. And the due date is sooner than with a credit card, so it doesn't even give the buffer you'd get using their revolvers. Both of my Amex stmt dates are the same, but my Zync is due about 10 days earlier. It says something like, please pay by... But still, it's a due date. 

The only value of the card for me is the backdating, if it weren't for that, I'd cancel it.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 46 of 53
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I've been very disappointed in the rewards, too. I got the Connect pack and am barely (if at all) going to break even for the $15 it cost me. I put monthly Internet/phone, Dish, and cell on it. That's it. I will have had the card a year in feb and have gotten zero back from the card. There is a rewards balance, but I don't have enough to even get a $25 gift card! 

for rewards, it's just not worth my using it. And the due date is sooner than with a credit card, so it doesn't even give the buffer you'd get using their revolvers. Both of my Amex stmt dates are the same, but my Zync is due about 10 days earlier. It says something like, please pay by... But still, it's a due date. 

The only value of the card for me is the backdating, if it weren't for that, I'd cancel it.

i agree completely. 

i only added the free packs... actually like a few days before you couldnt anymore. 

as for the backdating still reports good for 10 years =) 

due date. my statement closes the 28th and says pay by the 15th. its the same every month.

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000

Message 47 of 53
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

im closing mine as soon as I'm approved for the PRG or plat next week. but in 6 mos., i have accumulated 15k points, which i will convert to full MR points.
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 48 of 53
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

I don't dislike my Zync, I just don't use it as much anymore. It was my first Amex card and when I was traveling for work like every other week last year and the first part of this year, it was my saving grace because I had toy credit card limits. I was able to accumulate a significant amount of points just off of airline tickets, hotel stays, and rental car costs. Now that I don't have to travel as much anymore, I only run a $70 charge through it monthly just to keep it active. I got the PRG Amex last month, but now that my job has required us all to get Corporate Amex cards to run all travel expenses through, it feels like the upgrade was a waste.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 49 of 53
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Am I still one of the few who dislikes this card, or are there others now since they canceled the packs?

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.