Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am i the only person GE Hates?

tag
nodak64
Established Member

Am i the only person GE Hates?

700 amazon card opened 6/2012

tried cli 11/12 with 590ish scores denied.

1/13 denied 600

3/13 learn about utilization and reapply with 643 score, make sure to tell rep to pull new report, rep denies me and in letter says they used 1/13 report.

4/13 call and emphatically explain that my score has significantly changed and try again. Pulls new report and.... Denied.

on a 700 dollar card that i have put at least 6k through in the last 9 months.

Now that i got my PRG I will never use this card again.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Am i the only person GE Hates?

@nodak64 wrote:

1/13 denied 600

3/13 learn about utilization and reapply with 643 score, make sure to tell rep to pull new report, rep denies me and in letter says they used 1/13 report.

4/13 call and emphatically explain that my score has significantly changed and try again. Pulls new report and.... Denied.

sorry to hear that but you are not alone, i like GE but some reason they will not show me any luv on my Chevron/Texaco card. Tried like 4 times since having the card (13 months) and everytime i have been denied, tried recently and got the letter saying cuz of recent collection(s) which i know is my 51 dollar paid collection that i have, it came with a score of 714. They have only giving me one 200 auto CLI in the whole year i had them...i gave up and just SD the card.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 16
L0RDAVENTAD0R
Frequent Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@nodak64 wrote:

1/13 denied 600

sorry to hear that but you are not alone, i like GE but some reason they will not show me any luv on my Chevron/Texaco card. Tried like 4 times since having the card (13 months) and everytime i have been denied, tried recently and got the letter saying cuz of recent collection(s) which i know is my 51 dollar paid collection that i have, it came with a score of 714. They have only giving me one 200 auto CLI in the whole year i had them...i gave up and just SD the card.

I just got a CLI increase on my Chevron/Texco Card from $450 to... $600. Lol. Needless to say I will be closing my account with them as soon as I get home.

Message 3 of 16
tcbofade
Super Contributor

GE is goofy. 

They seem to prefer lots of use, but low utilization...that means buy lots of stuff, but don't carry a balance.

I got denied many, many times for an increase on my JCP card...finally quit asking...then they gave me a CLI...doh.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 4 of 16
scarzy
Regular Contributor

They always deny me for the Walmart card!! One day...grrr!!!

starting EQ FICO : 526 current EQ FICO : 640 starting TU FICO: 538 current TU FICO : 656

My wallet: Capital One cash rewards $1,300- ~ NFCU signature cash rewards $5,000- ~ NFCU nRewards $5,000- ~ NFCU LOC $1,000- ~ Target $200- ~ Kohl's $300- ~ Walmart $800- ~ Amazon $900- ~ Updated 6/2013

Discharged Ch7 Nov.16, 2012

Message 5 of 16
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

Yes I dont understand they denied me for a card to. I just got the capital one cash rewards, then after I apply for Discover and get approved for it.

Message 6 of 16
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

You're definitely not the only one...

I've had an Amazon account since December 2010 with no CLI; also have had a Walmart account since November 2011 with no CLI...  Smiley Sad

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 7 of 16
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@GMCSierraDenali wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@nodak64 wrote:

1/13 denied 600

I just got a CLI increase on my Chevron/Texco Card from $450 to... $600. Lol. Needless to say I will be closing my account with them as soon as I get home.

How much do you need on a gas card?

Message 8 of 16
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

dont worry my mom has had her JCP card since 2007 and has been at $1k for long time now the only reason why she has it is because my sister uses it for sephora purchases. Maybe once her UTL lowers even more they will be willing to give a cli. GE is awesome at times but nasty on others. pretty weird

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 9 of 16
sybo40
Regular Contributor

Got me too!  I've had my Walmart card since July and NOTHING!  Same with Paypal Smart Connect.  I paid 'em off and am just not going to bother using 'em anymore.  Tried to use them to show util., and even carried balances for four months...NOT AGAIN!  SD

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: TU: 656; EQ: 607; EX: 642
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.