Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx BCP Fee Increasing to $95 for new apps after 8/3

tag
j615
Regular Contributor

Re: AmEx BCP Fee Increasing to $95 for new apps after 8/3

Addition of 50% more cash back for 30 purchases in a month, like EDP? Or maybe addition of 2% for restaurants?

Don't mind me, I'm just dreaming… then again, I think it's reasonable.
Message 41 of 43
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@CluelessJohn wrote:

@satasat360 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Excellent catch, even if less than excellent news!  Smiley Happy

Hopefully they'll leave the fee at $75 for a little longer for the existing cardholders. <fingers crossed>

In any case it's still worth it... I would prefer to keep the extra $20, though.  Smiley Wink

I'm still paying 175 for my PRG (current is 195), so i believe you will pay 75 for the BCP

Just received my 6/8/16 stmt with announcement my fee is going from $75 to $95 next renewal.  Fee is non-redundable unless I cancel within 30 days of statement date of bill on which it appears.

No grandfathering  .... at least for me.  I got my BCP card 10/2014 but am a "member since" early 1980's.

Thanks for sharing... I'm seeing this confirmed now on other sites as well.  Smiley Sad

While it's never good when a company takes an extra $20 out of my wallet, even with this the card will still be worth it to many, including myself.  There will be others, though, who were likely already on the fence that this will be the 'final straw' and will push them into converting to a BCE or simply closing the card altogether.

Hopefully this means they plan to seriously step up their Amex offers in the coming months... one can hope, right?  Smiley Happy

They better.  Have option for NFCU or Penfed.  NFCU makes Cap One not needed.  Need to keep cap one with higher apr, or BCP with low apr.  AAoA is a factor.  Ugh, I do not shop at many of the current Amex offers. A 2% card reaps about the same as a BCE.  Not willing to pay 95 for coordination with sallie Mae and BCP. To be fair, the same dilemma arises with freedom and arrival, both not getting any use, both opened at same time.

Signature needs updating
Message 42 of 43
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you guys above speak of "Amex offers" can you give some examples  of what they entail?  I've never been an Amex cardholder so I'm unaware.  I'm assuming the offers are different for BCE vs BCP, and that the BCP offers are "better" as you are paying an AF?

I upgraded BCE to BCP.  Offers the same.  Do not get cell phone offers because of simplycash.

Signature needs updating
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.